I am contemplating buying a C6 and need some basic advice

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
verycleverman   
Thu Dec 13 2018, 11:00pm
Member No: #65
Tjensen wrote ...

The original CD with 8.31 on has a part number and a low price.

Not any longer. I tried to order one from my local dealer and the price has gone up to over £10. I let the one I had, which would have cost me 5 pence had the dealer bothered to charge me, go with my last C6. Instead, I searched the internet and downloaded a copy.
Tjensen   
Fri Dec 14 2018, 01:12pm
Member No: #954
You are right, In Norway i think it has risen to 300NKR (30 EUR)- But still a cheap part.... Some copies on the net are good, others not
Trainman   
Fri Dec 14 2018, 02:02pm

Member No: #86
Davet49 wrote ...

1) How do I put details of the car so that it pops up on any posts that I make and associated with that, how do I put this information on my profile page?

I've done it for you Dave, It goes in your signature of your profile page.

Davet49 wrote ...
) I believe the rear view mirrors are meant to lower the view when I put the car in reverse - this doesn't seem to happen. Is there something I need to do to activate this?

Yes, Put the gearbox into reverse and set the mirrors how you want them, once you drive forward the mirrors should return to the normal position.

Davet49 wrote ...
4) On most other cars I have owned, when you turn the lights on, the dashboard lights dim. This doesn't seem to work on the C6 and you appear to have to do this manually, which seems a retrograde step.

Am I doing something wrong?

No, you can adjust the light levels in the settings on the main screen, they work based on the light sensor, I found that if you set the daylight during the day and the night one later in the evening you get exactly what you want, and you only need to do it once.

Davet49 wrote ...
advise me if I am doing something wrong - I am new to this forum!

This forum is a fantastic asset, all you have to do is ask.....

Oh and one last thing
e3steve   
Sat Dec 15 2018, 04:11am
Member No: #1163
Dave, welcome! I was enjoying a pint of Flower Pots in The Black Boy on Tuesday evening; the next time I get up to Winchester I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your beast.

I'm in the Warsash area when I'm here, in the UK...
Davet49   
Mon Dec 17 2018, 05:54pm
Member No: #3695
Steve,

Thanks for the welcome - I have already found the forum very useful and look forward to the time when I can provide some answers rather than just ask questions.
I have sorted out the rear view mirrors - thank you for your advice - and find them very useful indeed.
I will sort out the interior lights tomorrow! It's too cold to go outside today.
I have upgraded the RT4 to 8.31 and the maps and find the SatNav to be very useful and reasonably clear. I still have to get to grips with the Traffic Announcements, but I have managed to stop the lady telling me about all the problems in the UK, which was a major step forward!
Thanks again, Dave
eke   
Sun Jun 09 2019, 09:06am
Member No: #624
keithc wrote ...

MarkBevan - I put my C6 into storage last Sat! I'll be going up to the garage in a few weeks so will do my best to remember to check - I'm intrigued too to see what my map set is now!

Hi keithc,

Did you check your map set ?

Br Eke
keithc   
Thu Jun 13 2019, 10:37am
Member No: #2584
Hi eke,

I've been twice to see/take the C6 for a spin since I put it in storage and both times I'd someone with me and totally forgot to check. It'll prob be another 3 weeks or so before I can go see it so will check then.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club