Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Replacing aircinditioning expansion valve

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
travlician   
Tue Nov 13 2018, 10:06pm
Member No: #350
Seems my air conditioning expansion valve has failed, low pressure is extremely low and high pressure very high. Inside obviously only lukewarm air blowing (outside temperature here vary between 25 and 5 centigrade all year round).
Anybody on the forum has ever replaced this valve? Most interesting question is: does the heater matrix need to be removed?
travlician   
Thu Nov 29 2018, 04:46pm
Member No: #350
Found the manual (unfortunately not on this site). The TXV can be removed from under the hood, little space as usual but doable. Watch out for offers for the TXV (expansion valve), most sites quote 6461.N2 as the part but this is only for cars built late 2008 and later. Prior to this date the part number is 6461.J7 and very hard to get. I did not get a replacement, just cleaned some gunk from the internal valve and put it back, AC is working fine now. If anyone needs more info on this, let me know...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club