Suspension faulty - after changing lower front arm

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joopajaa   
Wed Nov 21 2018, 07:11am
Member No: #3261
Hi I guess I have few options to recover this annoying issue:

I changed the lower pivot "bearing" and as I had new (non original) lower arms in hand I also changed the left hand side. I see that the height sensor fixing is slighly different, it will be "higher" now from the arm's "level" than is was on the previous part (I think that was original part).

This will cause the height information to be incorrect: it now shows quite a difference on the level reading in "CSS"-part on Diagbox. Then it gives the error about "too much roll" or so (I don't remember the actual code).

So should I change the right hand side too and after that I height setting on the car? The rear bushing was quite mushy on the lest side lower arm - I gues it will be the same on the right hand one. I assume height setting will calibrate the sensors and the fault code stays away. The car is drivable but quite stiff because the fault code on the suspension.

What does mean the last phrase on the "refit front lower arm"-manual:
"Initialise the wheel travel sensors if necessary."? Does it just mean "do height setting"?
cruiserphil   
Wed Nov 21 2018, 10:19am

Member No: #38
Hello Joopa,

When you say "non original" lower arms does the rear bushing housings differ in any way from the original?

Best regards,

Phil C.
joopajaa   
Wed Nov 21 2018, 11:10am
Member No: #3261
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Joopa,

When you say "non original" lower arms does the rear bushing housings differ in any way from the original?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi I did not noticed any differences and the part fit nicely. Actually it was a P407 part (missed the drilling for the sensor -> it was not machined to clean surface on that sensor holes-section). That is why there is some difference on the actual sensor value now - the bracket is installed 2-3mm higher than before. This can be sorted by sanding/grinding the section if needed. Would not recommend using P407/508 parts for this reason

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club