C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Power Steering Fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
MGmike   
Sun Dec 02 2018, 11:25am
Member No: #3151

Jas16 give me a shout if you're in need.

cruiserphil   
Mon Dec 03 2018, 10:07am

Member No: #38
Dan595,

Apologies for the confusion!

Jas16, if you send me your RPO number I can find the correct fuse drawing!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Jas16   
Tue Jan 01 2019, 03:58pm
Member No: #2994
sorry for the lack of feedback recently.

In summary, problem is solved, happy to report.

I had gone to BL Autos and they diagnosed a faulty ECU unit within the Power Steering unit itself. The pump though worked which meant I was able to drive the car with a somewhat heavy steering response.

As time went by I got the ABS light come on as well. This turned out to be the front left side. Not too bad I thought since that is the location of the PS pump so somewhat happy that the problem parts were located on one side.

However, getting the part was more difficult, Citroen wanted £1k for the part, but was able to find a Citroen part in NL selling the required part for 25% less, which I went with.

Hence, both the PS pump and the ABS sensor was changed at the same time. I tired myself but my talents finished much before I went to an independent mechanic who fitted the parts and explained how he done it.

All fixed in time for going back to work tomorrow. I never realised how much I have missed driving the car and so happy all is well.

At the same time a big thank you for everyone who helped me out on this forum too. Gave me confidence that all will be well when I was down.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club