Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

How do I remove boot RH side trim?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ul9601   
Sat Nov 10 2018, 06:57am
Member No: #1975
Hi all,
I'd like to remove the trims to 1) to figure out where leak is coming from (RH forward part of the spare wheel cover is the wettest, but the area directly below RH tail lamp is also damp) and 2) to remove rear bumper to get rid of the tow bar.
It seems the 12V power socket is holding the aft end down but I can't quite figure out how that comes off.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
ul9601   
Sat Nov 10 2018, 07:00am
Speaking of rear bumper removal, where are the rear parking sensor connectors - are they right at the sensor locations? Is the harness long enough to drop the bumper first then undo?
cheers
e3steve   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 10:31am
Member No: #1163
ul9601 wrote ...

Speaking of rear bumper removal, where are the rear parking sensor connectors - are they right at the sensor locations? Is the harness long enough to drop the bumper first then undo?
cheers

Yep. It's one connector, only accessible once the bumper is lifted away.

The accessory outlet metal insert needs to be prised from its plastic holder first, then the holder itself just pops out.

You also need to remove the rear wheelarch liners (and the taillights need to come out) in order to access some fixings.
ul9601   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 05:36pm
Thanks Steve - i'll give that a go.
I thought the metal tube was integral to the outer black plastic holder (which I presume to be a long hollow cylinder, housing the power outlet assy)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club