C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Revive Turbo Cleaner - it works!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisW   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 04:26pm
Member No: #1335
My 2.7HDi had been occasionally going into limp mode for the last year or so, despite only 60,000 miles of mostly motorway driving. Getting more and more frequent until it was a real nuisance (every 50 miles or so). My cheapo Ancel code reader gave fault codes related to turbo overboost and turbo wastegate solenoid. The Citroen main dealer diagnosed a fault with the rear turbo, upwards of £1500 to replace.

I had read good reviews about Revive Turbo Cleaner and thought I'd give it a try. A 750ml bottle+sprayer (£35 on ebay) treats one turbo. It's simple to use - just spray into the air intake on a cold engine. Full instructions on the internet.

At first it made no difference. Then after about 50 miles I noticed the limp modes getting less and less frequent. After about 400 miles I repeated the treatment. This time the effect was almost immediate. I had just one limp mode on a 500 mile round trip and since then I've done about 1000 miles with no limp modes and no fault codes.

It will, of course, only work on carbon build-up but it might be worth a try before spending-out on a new turbo, especially if the fault symptoms come on gradually, as mine did, indicating a progressive build-up rather than a mechanical or electrical fault. I imagine that carbon build-up was restricting the movement of the vanes in the turbo causing the overboost at high revs and preventing the solenoid from operating fully.

MGmike   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 05:15pm
Member No: #3151
Got to be worth using occasionally on a preventative basis me thinks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club