Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Does C6 have "audio directional" parking sensors?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
joopajaa   
Thu Nov 01 2018, 07:29am
Member No: #3261
My C6 does not beep from that specific corner's speaker which is nearest to object outside the car. It seems to beep from front only.

Is there a setting in BSI for this? It is a very nice feature that IS present on 2005-2007 C5 - you don't have to look at the LCD-screen to know where the car is near object, just hear the beeping from that corner's speaker.

I hope I wrote this right so you can understand what I mean
e3steve   
Fri Nov 02 2018, 02:53pm
Member No: #1163
Mine have always done exactly what you describe. Probably not helpful to you, though...
Paulius   
Mon Nov 05 2018, 07:09pm
Member No: #1821
Mine starts beeping "in the corners" when it they get really close to something, otherwise you just get frond/rear general beeps. Mine's 2007.
joopajaa   
Tue Nov 06 2018, 07:19am
Paulius wrote ...

Mine starts beeping "in the corners" when it they get really close to something, otherwise you just get frond/rear general beeps. Mine's 2007.

Ok I have to check this again to be sure. Mines 2007 also.
joopajaa   
Mon Jan 28 2019, 06:44am
On the electrical equipment PDF there is a note about parking sensors:

N.B. : During front or rear parking assistance, an audible signal whose frequency varies as a function of the
proximity of the obstacle, informs the driver of the approach in the detection zone . this signal is emitted by the
audio system speakers with a sound volume louder in the zone closest to the obstacle .

So it should work. Maybe its like Paulius wrote.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club