Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.7 HDI hesitation (not sure if its correct word)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Fri Jul 06 2018, 09:25pm
Member No: #614
joopajaa
Question: what is this? Its leaking fuel. Part no? Its under/behind the intake Y, above the thermo housing.

[br wrote

EDIT: Its part no. 1574E8. It seems I need to change the whole piping :/

Hi joopajaa,
well done is noticing the leak, that brittle pipe/connection gets very brittle over time and leaks fuel intially very slowly, but then gets worse! Your best bet is replacing the injector pipes as well. I have mine bought, but no leak as yet, but I'm checking just in case. E3steve mentioned it on the forum if I remember well this issue along with the vacuum pipes for the manifold that run across the top of the engine as well.

Regards
Dave
joopajaa   
Mon Aug 06 2018, 08:52am
Member No: #3261
Comment on this after the belt change: My front intake was quite loose. I had to tighten 2 lugs near the belt side. Not sure yet if this has any affect but I think there was some leaking going on because of this. So check your intakes!

Also it seems my fix with sikaflex-type adhesive + split silicon hose over the piping near Y-part has stopped the leak.
joopajaa   
Tue Sep 04 2018, 09:37am
Any ideas on this? I did not find visually any leaks from intake, did not had a change to try with compressed air yet. I still have the off-balance with intake air readings.
bigbruggsy   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 07:43am
Member No: #3483
Hi Joopajaa, I just noticed your post this morning, I had a similar issue with my 2.0hdi C4 Grand Picasso as regards the revs changing at cruising speed (eg while you have the cruise switched on at say 100lkm/h the car lowers and raises the rpm even though you maybe on a flat road) is this a similar problem to what you described here?

Update: this problem is present also when warm engine. Low speed or high speed. Seems the problem is on 1600-1800rpm. Seems better on high rpm. Can it be a faulty or clogged injector?

To better describe: when cruising stable speed you can feel the engine doing lower and higher rpm so the whole car feels like you have oval shaped tyre. Wobble? Tremble? Shudder? Not sure the right word..

If so, it could be the EGR valve. Mine was sticky (butterfly valve) and caused the revs to bounce. I blanked mine off and the problem went away instantly. I'm not sure if this is legal in the UK though. But in Australia it was fine. Maybe one of the EGR valves needs cleaning / replacing?

I hope this helps.
joopajaa   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 02:02pm
bigbruggsy wrote ...

Hi Joopajaa, I just noticed your post this morning, I had a similar issue with my 2.0hdi C4 Grand Picasso as regards the revs changing at cruising speed (eg while you have the cruise switched on at say 100lkm/h the car lowers and raises the rpm even though you maybe on a flat road) is this a similar problem to what you described here?

Update: this problem is present also when warm engine. Low speed or high speed. Seems the problem is on 1600-1800rpm. Seems better on high rpm. Can it be a faulty or clogged injector?

To better describe: when cruising stable speed you can feel the engine doing lower and higher rpm so the whole car feels like you have oval shaped tyre. Wobble? Tremble? Shudder? Not sure the right word..

If so, it could be the EGR valve. Mine was sticky (butterfly valve) and caused the revs to bounce. I blanked mine off and the problem went away instantly. I'm not sure if this is legal in the UK though. But in Australia it was fine. Maybe one of the EGR valves needs cleaning / replacing?

I hope this helps.

Hi thanks for your input but my symptoms are different: it hesitates only when cold engine and low speed (30-50kmh, so the gear is 3rd tor 4th I think). I have now thought that it might be simply bad fuel filter (have to change it soon) or a problem with gearbox - if its not a leak on the intake piping or egr-piping. I have done EGR delete so no leaking butterfly is the problem. No fault codes - but quite a big difference on the maf readings front vs. rear.
travlician   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 06:06pm
Member No: #350
High difference in airflow readings is a typical symptom of EGR valve problems.
joopajaa   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 07:01pm
travlician wrote ...

High difference in airflow readings is a typical symptom of EGR valve problems.

Yeah I have to check that. There are blank plates on both egrs and the software is done also. I removed the butterfly from intake as adviced somewhere (after the blanking). There were no problems at the engine after those modifications last year but they started this Spring.
e3steve   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 09:40pm
Member No: #1163
321dave wrote ...

EDIT: Its part no. 1574E8. It seems I need to change the whole piping :/

[/quote1530911973]

Hi joopajaa,
well done is noticing the leak, that brittle pipe/connection gets very brittle over time and leaks fuel intially very slowly, but then gets worse! Your best bet is replacing the injector pipes as well. I have mine bought, but no leak as yet, but I'm checking just in case. E3steve mentioned it on the forum if I remember well this issue along with the vacuum pipes for the manifold that run across the top of the engine as well.

Regards
Dave
Dead right, Dave; I broke this [diesel return-from-injectors] pipework when replacing the ‘stat housing on my 2.7, back in 2013. Utter heartache, and a right [%*^#@!] of a job — I pinged off the wire retaining clips, used to keep the teats in the infectors, and the garage floor ate two of them! — so I had to order some (still “in stock” with me)...
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 07:46am

Member No: #1
There are blank plates on both egrs and the software is done also.

Are the blank plates 'solid' or is there an 'air bleed hole' in them to equalise the pressure?
Website
joopajaa   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 09:49am
Those are solid ones. I don't understand what equalizing is needed since they are 100% off the air circuit and event the butterfly is removed so the engine does not even try to get any intake air from the EGR piping - it always gets it 100% fresh from turbos and via MAF sensor.
joopajaa   
Mon Oct 29 2018, 11:06am
This seems to be sorted: changed the fuel filter. No more "hesi" with cold engine at ~1700rpm. Still I need to check the MAF and EGR-issues.
Nikolaj   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 09:19pm
Member No: #4047
Fuel return pipes from the injectors, you have to disconnect them if you want to compare returnflow from each injector, it gives you an idear if one or two injectors are bad. (if 3 are bad you're in trouble with this test.)

Nikolaj   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 09:23pm
Member No: #4047
I hate when that happens, I think I'm in the end of the post, and then I'm in fact reading in the middle of it.
MGmike   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 10:21pm
Member No: #3151
Nikolaj wrote ...

I hate when that happens, I think I'm in the end of the post, and then I'm in fact reading in the middle of it.

in the absence of a "like" selection in this forum I'd just LIKE to say... I feel your pain...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club