C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

I am contemplating buying a C6 and need some basic advice

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Davet49   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 03:51pm
Member No: #3695
The car concerned is a 59 plate 2.7HDI model.
Is this likely to have an RT5?
If it does, will this provide bluetooth connection for my phone and/or 7-digit postcode capability for the Sat Nav?
I have looked at most of the relevant threads but have been unable to pick the answers to those questions from them.
Swalleau   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 10:12pm
Member No: #3097
Hi and welcome.

Depends on the build year, not the year registered. Mine is 09 registered but built 07.

I don't have Bluetooth in mine, but have an O2 sim in the car on PAYG. If I remember I forward my mobile to the car. If I don't it generally doesn't matter as I have the non specific fruit based phone plugged in to the aux/video connector as media player. It lives in the well between the gear selector and the ash tray. Because I use a stereo plug, not a headset plug, on the lead the mic on the phone is still live so I can use Siri and talk on the phone hands free. This works all the time, whatever the speed, the C6 is very quiet and the mic in the phone is no further away than the built in ones for the car phone. SIM works abroad too, except for call forwarding. For about £15 a year a dedicated SIM seems a really simple fix for the phone.

If your phone allows voice control of media then a wired connection is fine too. I do like the ease of Bluetooth in my C5 but honestly don't think not having it in the C6 detracts from the experience.

Strangely enough I have never been that worried about the postcode thing in the SATNAV in the UK. In France I do use the area code sometimes, mainly because there can be three ways of spelling place names and when Michelin, Apple Maps, Google and the C6 are all different from the address you are looking for the only path to sanity is the 5 digit code! In the U.K. once I've been to places I add them to my directory so I rarely need to input an address more than once. Having said that, I am going to see if my 2017/18 software in the RT4 does postcodes next time I'm in the car.

Hope the car you are looking at works out.

Iain

jamescarruthers   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 09:04am
Member No: #1548
Agreed, you can learn to live with the navigation system's lack of post codes. I used the navigation a lot and just got used to entering city then street-- it is definitely slower though.

Regarding the advice above about using a pay as you go SIM card, this is very good advice. I would add the alternative tip of setting your phone's divert options permanently to change the 'reject' settings to the C6's number, rather than to your voicemail.

I don't have to reject many calls in real life when out of the car, so this wasn't a hardship, but when in the car swiping to reject a call sends it to the car and in normal operation (out of the car) it works as normal.

You can always mute an incoming call on your phone when you are out of the car and wish to reject the call to voicemail.

Good luck with your C6 search, they're fabulous cars!
Hattershaun   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 09:15am
Member No: #320
A 2.7HDi from 2009 will have RT4, so no Bluetooth. It will have the jukebox function to upload Music CDs onto the hard drive.
There's a high chance a 59 plate 2.7HDi will have been built in 2007 or 2008.

You can enter the first 4 digits of the UK postcode, then finish off with the road name.

RT5 had Bluetooth and it was introduced at the same time as the 3.0HDi (from July 2009).

No C6 Nav systems had 7 digit postcode entry.
Davet49   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 12:25pm
Gentlemen, thank you all for your replies. My current Audi A6 has 4-digit postcodes and I do find it irritating at times, but at least the C6 would not be a step backwards. From what you are saying, the lack of bluetooth is not really a problem - there are ways around it. I will continue my search. Thank you again.
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 05:46pm

Member No: #1
Postcodes are not the real issue, the date of the maps is which is why I stick with my TomTom
Website
keithc   
Tue Oct 16 2018, 08:52am
Member No: #2584
I have gotten up to date maps from this crowd. - Click Here - I go to England a lot and I have never had an issue with the Sat Nav.
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 16 2018, 09:43am

Member No: #1
keithc wrote ...

I have gotten up to date maps from this crowd. - Click Here - I go to England a lot and I have never had an issue with the Sat Nav.

That's interesting as the Official HERE site - Click Here - only has 2017/17 maps complied in Quarter 4 2015 so where, I wonder, does the supplier you link to get them from?
Website
Swalleau   
Tue Oct 16 2018, 04:25pm
Dave

I think that this company are the map providers for PSA.

- Click Here -

They cover a number of car makers - and as the core files will likely be XML data they just have to wrap it into each units file structure and deliver regular updates. Same data exported multiple times with a set of scripts that you only need to validate against limited software versions - sounds like a good business model that.....

I updated my C6 to 2016/17 last year and will definitely do the next update (2018/19) as the one way system in Archachon was out of date/changed this year. However, in all other cases I've found my current map level to be okay. It had some new developments that were certainly only built 2015/16 shown, so I think it is worth keeping the maps up to date.

I do agree that the Citroen website is not the place you want to buy your updates from!
MarkBevan   
Sat Oct 20 2018, 05:13pm
Member No: #3172
keithc wrote ...

It would be interesting to know if these are newer than those which are available from the Citroen site. Could you check them for us please ?

On your RT3/4/5, press the 'Menu' physical button, then select the 'Map' option, then select the 'Map data base description' option.

That should list all of the maps that you have installed, and the end of each file name, should show the map year end edition.

My maps all end '2016/2017 1ed'.

Does anyone have anything newer than this ?
keithc   
Tue Oct 23 2018, 01:47pm
Member No: #2584
MarkBevan - I put my C6 into storage last Sat! I'll be going up to the garage in a few weeks so will do my best to remember to check - I'm intrigued too to see what my map set is now!
Davet49   
Wed Dec 05 2018, 05:22pm
I am now the proud owner of C6 Exclusive 2.7Hdi YR59HYP. I've only owned it one day, but I am very pleased with it, especially the smooth ride.
I'm still trying to figure out how things work, so I have a few questions which I would be very grateful is anyone could answer. I have put them all here rather than try and put them on individual threads.
1) How do I put details of the car so that it pops up on any posts that I make and associated with that, how do I put this information on my profile page?
2) I did send a PM to a gentleman who was looking to pass on his reg of C6 VVV. But my PM has not been read - any idea how I might otherwise be able to contact him?
3) I believe the rear view mirrors are meant to lower the view when I put the car in reverse - this doesn't seem to happen. Is there something I need to do to activate this?
4) On most other cars I have owned, when you turn the lights on, the dashboard lights dim. This doesn't seem to work on the C6 and you appear to have to do this manually, which seems a retrograde step. Am I doing something wrong?
Please advise me if I am doing something wrong - I am new to this forum!
Dave

Davet49   
Mon Dec 10 2018, 01:16pm
I have found thaat my RT4 is 6.10 (!) so I am looking for a copy of 8.31. So, I tried to post on the ICE/Software page and was told that it for members only. Having registered, I thought I was a member, but clearly I am not. So,
1) What do I need to do to become a member?
2) Does anyone have a copy of 8.31 that I could borrow?
Apologies again if I am making some basic mistakes.
Swalleau   
Mon Dec 10 2018, 09:11pm
Hi Dave,

I've got the most up to date software and maps. I'll PM you.

Iain
Tjensen   
Thu Dec 13 2018, 09:56pm
Member No: #954
The original CD with 8.31 on has a part number and a low price.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club