? Level too low - Repair needed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Bliek73   
Fri Oct 12 2018, 07:38pm
Member No: #3264
Hi All,

So while in the process of changing the Hires of my "new" RT4 (Thanks to user Eke) to Lowres I am still dealing with a partially invisible and upside down screen. And while I never have any failures on my car now I have one that bothers me.

Because of the resolution of the screen the most important bit is missing so when I turn on ignition, a beep sounds, "Service" comes on on the main display and on the Nav display I only read "Level To Low - Repair Needed.

So I checked fluids and all is fine so I suspect the Eolys level which has been serviced about 80.000km ago.

Are there any other warnings of this type? The "service" light goes out after start and the car drives great.

330.000km

Thanks for your advise.

Rgds,

Michiel
travlician   
Fri Oct 12 2018, 10:57pm
Member No: #350
If the service light turns off is more likely tire pressure too low.
e3steve   
Sat Oct 13 2018, 06:34am
Member No: #1163
Agreed. If the SERVICE warning disappears, a few seconds after the warning beep, it’s alerting you to a non-critical warning. It could be one or several things, and TPMS is just one.

Depollution system faulty, Particle filter fluid low, etc, are others that are in the advisory warnings list.

Without the LCD screen, a system scan using Lexia (or DiagBox) is the only way to know for certain.
Bliek73   
Sat Oct 13 2018, 06:54am
Member No: #3264
Well, the tire sensors are all removed. All showing OK in the display. Wouldn't it say pressure too low?

Anyway I will pop by the dealer next week for a readout.

anybody has an idea of how long you can drive before Eolys reservoir is empty after the first warning? If it was this?

Thanks.
Cisco   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 04:55pm
Member No: #1429
When the Eolys level is low the message "FAP level low" or something very similar appears.

In any case there was no ambiguity and, as far as I remember the Service light did not accompany the FAP message.

I posted on here regarding the procedure to refil the Eolys reservoir.....I guess you would have plenty of time/mileage, I think it still has 0.5L left in the tank when the message appears.
e3steve   
Sun Oct 14 2018, 09:22pm
Member No: #1163
Cisco wrote ...

When the Eolys level is low the message "FAP level low" or something very similar appears.

In any case there was no ambiguity and, as far as I remember the Service light did not accompany the FAP message.

I posted on here regarding the procedure to refil the Eolys reservoir.....I guess you would have plenty of time/mileage, I think it still has 0.5L left in the tank when the message appears.
Mine is currently showing a similar message, and has been doing so for a month or so — about 200miles. Yes, it does bring on the SERVICE warning, but only for about 15 seconds after engine startups.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club