C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Mirrors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
rmonf24   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 04:47pm
Member No: #3300
Good, if I remember correctly when I bought the c6 when I was going to park and meters the reverse, the mirrors were lowered to see the curbs and when I removed the gear they returned to their position, now I realized that they do not do it. to activate / deactivate this function? Thank you
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 05:24pm

Member No: #1
IIRC you have to move the control on the door from the centre to the side you want to index down to see the curb before selecting reverse?
Website
Jas16   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 07:08pm
Member No: #2994
To add to Dave's point above, you can move the mirror selector with reverse already selected. What I see is that on the activated side, the mirror drops and the de-selected side the mirror returns to it's starting position.
e3steve   
Thu Oct 11 2018, 08:38am
Member No: #1163
Jas16 wrote ...

To add to Dave's point above, you can move the mirror selector with reverse already selected. What I see is that on the activated side, the mirror drops and the de-selected side the mirror returns to it's starting position.
Correcto. But you need to pre-set the position that you desire for each mirror to 'index' to:

Select reverse gear
Move the switch to the desired mirror
Set the position
Move the switch to the other mirror
Set that position

When in reverse, moving the mirror selector switch from one side to the other causes the respective mirror to instantly respond and re-index to their previously set positions. However, when moving the gearshift from reverse to any other position, there's a fifteen-second delay before the selected mirror returns to its normal driving position. Moving the mirror selector switch to the centre defeats that delay instantly, and if the switch is left in the centre position, then neither mirror responds to the 'reversing' position that may have been pre-set.

Now, the mirrors' internal feedback potentiometers have a tendency to misreport the position of the motorised actuator to the CANbus, causing any memorised information to be entirely random, and the mirror(s) will just wander off to wherever they see fit and of their own accords! So if the normal driving positions of either mirror do not remain memorised (by the seat-memory system, if fitted), then it's likely that moisture has ingressed into the potentiometers. This is usually fixable but requires a degree of dexterity and bravery to tear the actuator motors apart. There's a clever "how-to" post on the forum; I'll find it and edit-in the link.

And beware, when removing the photochromic mirror glasses from the actuators; if you crack the glass, a replacement is circa £285GPB!

EDIT: - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club