C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Valve body

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
rmonf24   
Sun Oct 07 2018, 07:42am
Member No: #3300
Good people, I have changed the valve body of my c6 Gearbox, do you know if after this operation the Gearbox has to be reprogrammed or is it adapting to my driving style?
Thank you
arconell3   
Mon Oct 08 2018, 10:41pm
Member No: #922
Hi, You will have to reset the gearbox memory, the ATF counter, always assuming the ATF was completely changed, all of that using Diagbox. Initialize D and R from Neutral, going P>R>N>D and back a minimum of five times, until it feels smooth. Best thing is to drive a "programming cycle" immediately afterwards, i.e. a normal driving cycle so that it gets thru all the gears, up and down, followed by a couple of kick-downs and an emergency braking to full stop. Obviously, the engine shouldn't die on you, after full stop you should be able to smoothly drive off in 1st, etc.

Regards, robert
Website
rmonf24   
Tue Oct 16 2018, 02:53pm
Confirmed that I have done the learning etc the only thing I notice is after a week that all the marches are going well but from 4 to 5 is a bit more abrupt change than in the other marches. 
rmonf24   
Tue Nov 13 2018, 08:12pm
no idea?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club