Collapsed C6 and a wiring mystery...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mister_iainm   
Wed Oct 03 2018, 06:58pm
Member No: #3253
All,

I now have a collapsed C6, and my mechanic and I are in the middle of the diagnostic process (we have Lexia). The chain of events was:

Parked up, switched off, returned to find the rear had dropped to minimum height. Starting the car resolved this, and it was normal for 24 hours. Then lowered it using the buttons, after which it will not raise. Driving the car slowly (to my friendly garage) logged "suspension fault".

The pump "appears" to be operative, but only when tested from Lexia. There is some evidence that this has been an issue before (there is a 60 amp fuse in place for the pump, rather than the 40 amp I understand should be there). Lexia has also flagged up a permanent comms issue with the suspension, (and another one for the steering angle sensor - P0D52).

Anyway... in the magical journey of discovery in the engine bay, we uncovered some wires which come from a main loom just underneath the fuse box on the passenger side. They have been cut and taped over.

Now they have obviously been this way for a long time, and the car was completely functional, but I wondered if anybody could shed any light on what they might be... (and offer any advice as to where the diagnostic process should go)?

I have [hopefully] attached a picture of the snipped wires.

C6Dave   
Thu Oct 04 2018, 08:56am

Member No: #1
For now, ignore the steering angle sensor error as they all seem to have that for some reason.

If the pump fuse is a 60 amp then it's likely the pump motor has an issue, you can take it off and check *there is a 'super sticky' on - Click Here - it and it could be replaced with one from a C5
Website
DZR   
Thu Oct 04 2018, 06:17pm
Member No: #2168
Regarding the wires, I found the same on my car…

- Click Here -
mister_iainm   
Mon Oct 08 2018, 08:02pm
I see... strangely comforting(!)

The major issue (the submarine-like suspension) will *hopefully* be rectified this week having purchased a believed-good 2nd hand C5 pump from which we will cannibalise the motor.

More anon...
Iain
mister_iainm   
Tue Oct 30 2018, 06:23pm
A final update on this. A C5 pump works a treat (at least so far - around 2 weeks with no issues).

In case this is useful info, I gather it's possible to change the motor over, and retain the pump body, but we found it simpler (and - slightly - less messy) to use the entire C5 pump/motor assembly, and swap the control module over.

Wafting has recommenced...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club