Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Car Insurance, check your renewal carefully.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 19 2018, 06:21pm

Member No: #1
Renewal came for the C6 today from Direct Line and the price was less than last year, great, was the 1st reaction and comparing online the cost was competitive at £203.84 including Legal expenses but....

When I read the small print there was a clause about areas covered which I can't see in last years docs.

Basically with Direct Line your covered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands but for 'cover in other countries, please call to upgrade'.....

Strange so I rang them and asked for an explanation.

'Well most customers only go for weekends so your covered for the 1st 3 days Sir' eh?

If you want cover for a week it's an additional £29.12, 2 weeks £43.68 and a month £57.12 and you have to call them with the dates your going... and it looks like I went to Italy earlier this year and wasn't insured so not a happy bunny.

Went online, did a comparison at Money Supermarket and ended up with Saga at £202.76 and they have 'UNLIMITED' EU cover included.

So if you intend taking your car abroad, make sure you check your insurance policy T&C's and remember that premium payable is not the sole reason for going with a particular company.
Website
Norman   
Thu Jul 19 2018, 09:18pm
Member No: #364
I've just been quoted from saga £564.72 for my 2010 C6 2.2 exclusive for fully comp plus European breakdown cover and a second driver so Dave it would seem you got a very good deal, which is very similar to my Chris Knot existing cover.
C6Dave   
Fri Jul 20 2018, 07:40am

Member No: #1
I don't use Saga breakdown cover Norman. I have a seperate policy via Heritage which covers me for any car and includes the 65 year old Traction Avant in Europe.

We know premiums vary widely across the country so it's all about finding the most suitable cover for the individual's needs.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club