Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tyre wear - nearside front tyre

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
sotweedfactor   
Thu Jul 19 2018, 05:18pm
Member No: #2185
The front left-hand tyre on my C6 has worn quite a bit on its outside edge. Right-hand tyre has worn evenly. I wonder if this is a common experience with the C6? Anyone else suffered this? I contacted Lowdells (C6 experts in the UK) and they suggested that roundabouts might contribute to this wear pattern.
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 19 2018, 05:37pm

Member No: #1
Sounds like the tracking is way out, something as simple as hitting a pothole could have caused it so get the geometry/bushes/links etc. checked.
Website
MarkBevan   
Sun Jul 22 2018, 11:11am
Member No: #3172
My front nearside tyre has also worn on the outside edge. Haven't had the tracking checked yet (tyre is nearly dead, so I will get it done then).
321dave   
Sun Jul 22 2018, 06:00pm
Member No: #614
MarkBevan wrote ...

My front nearside tyre has also worn on the outside edge. Haven't had the tracking checked yet (tyre is nearly dead, so I will get it done then).

If the wear is very bad and killing/scrubbing the outside edge very badly it's most probably the lower bushes that are worn out totally. I had this when I had my C6 first. New parts fitted and tracking done. All great now with normal wear.

Bishop   
Mon Jul 30 2018, 08:33am
Member No: #868
I've had my C6 over 7 years now and no matter whether I have had the tracking sorted or the bush replaces, my nearside front tyre always wears first in the way you have described. I currently have my indestructible Avons on the front and they so seem to be holding up better than usual, though.
jamescarruthers   
Mon Jul 30 2018, 12:00pm
Member No: #1548
Would agree: Massive heavy car going round roundabouts in the UK seems likely.
MarkBevan   
Mon Jul 30 2018, 02:29pm
Member No: #3172
Note to self: drive both ways around roundabouts, to even up tyre wear
C6Dave   
Mon Jul 30 2018, 04:58pm

Member No: #1
MarkBevan wrote ...

Note to self: drive both ways around roundabouts, to even up tyre wear

Just spend half the year in France to get the wear on the other side......
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club