Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Replacing and re-tensioning the HP/Injection pump drivebelt?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
robingc33   
Sun Nov 01 2015, 08:26pm
Member No: #2303
Hi,
I'd like to replace the HP/Injection drivebelt at the gearbox end of the 2.7L engine as part of my recently aquired 2006 C6's "makeover" but can't find any info here or elsewhere on this process. Can anyone point me at something or has experience of this please?

The plastic case containing this drivebelt system is partly exposed after removing the air filter, but remains slightly obscured by a shiny black "bracket" thingy that routes some pipework onto the top of the engine. It appears the outer cover of the case may be released by undoing two plastic clips on the top edge, but maybe I need to remove more to get it off??
I then need to know how to re-tension a new belt and idler.

Any help much appreciated - and apologies in advance if I've missed a write-up somewhere!

Thanks,
Robin
joopajaa   
Sat Jul 07 2018, 06:50am
Member No: #3261
I'm doing this belt also now and the best guide I found might be this:

- Click Here -
321dave   
Sat Jul 07 2018, 08:59am
Member No: #614
joopajaa wrote ...

I'm doing this belt also now and the best guide I found might be this:

- Click Here -

Have a look here in the tech doc section downloads. Camshaft change 2.7hdi has details as well!
- Click Here -
MGmike   
Sat Jul 07 2018, 01:20pm
Member No: #3151
this might help.
the tensioner base locates in to a cut out in the base and then fit the belt and pull the pin to allow the spring to take up the slack.

The shiny bit at the top holds the engine harness and can be loosened off to help access but doesn't give you a lot more!
joopajaa   
Wed Jul 11 2018, 07:12pm
Member No: #3261
I did it by removing the wiring harness plastics and bending the water pipe from fuel filter housing a bit. It was very tight to get the cover out (to the front in my case). Quite fast thing to do anyway but I guess it is only done at the same time with cam belt.

The picture on above shows a broken wiring plastic holder - its only holded by the one bolt shown.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club