Parking assistance

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
trysberg   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 10:58am
Member No: #1701
Hi!
I have recently bought a C6 and notice that i have parkingsensors both in back and front but no parking assistancebutton on the consol! The sensors are wired but nothing happens when i come close to an obsticale. No sound, nothing. Is it possible that if i buy a button the system will work? And does anybody know where the "Obstacle detect electro unit" is fitted? In the boot as the C5? Thanks!
C6Dave   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 01:23pm

Member No: #1
Sensors should come on without a 'button' - they display on the screen centre of the dashboard and also beep.

Start by checking the fuses
Website
trysberg   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 04:09pm
Dave-Retired wrote ...

Sensors should come on without a 'button' - they display on the screen centre of the dashboard and also beep.

I have checked the fuses nothing wrong there. Do you know where this Unit is? I suspect that my car
doesn’t have the parking assistance but have sensors anyway.
arconell3   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 09:37pm
Member No: #922
trysberg wrote ...

Dave-Retired wrote ...

I have checked the fuses nothing wrong there. Do you know where this Unit is? I suspect that my car

Well, have a close look at the instrument panel and your cars' manual. There is a button on the console, just left of the hazard light switch. It has a P on it, and since the park assist is not working now, a light is shining underneath that button. Press the button, the light goes out and your park distance control should work...

Regards, Robert
Website
Norman   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 11:04pm
Member No: #364
As far as I know all C6s have parking sensors controlled by the button on the console the light just above it lights to say it's turned off, mine comes on whenever it rains heavily so I push it to activate them again. And I haven't discovered yet what the cause is. Also if you have the user guide it explains it.
trysberg   
Fri Jun 22 2018, 06:30am
arconell3 wrote ...

trysberg wrote ...

Dave-Retired wrote ...

Well, have a close look at the instrument panel and your cars' manual. There is a button on the console, just left of the hazard light switch. It has a P on it, and since the park assist is not working now, a light is shining underneath that button. Press the button, the light goes out and your park distance control should work...

Regards, Robert

I have checked. I have no button. Yesterday when i put the level in reverse i heard a vague beeping in the
back when i reached an obsticle. Very strange. Nothing on the display though...
trysberg   
Fri Jun 22 2018, 06:41am
Norman wrote ...

As far as I know all C6s have parking sensors controlled by the button on the console the light just above it lights to say it's turned off, mine comes on whenever it rains heavily so I push it to activate them again. And I haven't discovered yet what the cause is. Also if you have the user guide it explains it.

My car seems to be odd in features. It has no leather, no HUD. It is a V6 but seems to miss some features. I had parking assistance on my old C5 so i know how it works. Maybe former owner had the function removed or somerhing because the sensors exist. I have to check the radio if the wire to parking assistance may be disconnected?
C6Dave   
Fri Jun 22 2018, 07:46am

Member No: #1
OK sent you the Factory Build spec for the car, looks like it's a 3.0 Petrol in basic trim with Velour seats and unfortunately

OBSTACLE DETECTION SYSTEM - WITHOUT OBSTACLE DETECTOR

The bumpers come with the moulded area where the sensors would fit so take a look behind as it appears that there aren't any actual sensors on your car.
Website
trysberg   
Fri Jun 22 2018, 08:06am
Dave-Retired wrote ...

OK sent you the Factory Build spec for the car, looks like it's a 3.0 Petrol in basic trim with Velour seats and unfortunately

OBSTACLE DETECTION SYSTEM - WITHOUT OBSTACLE DETECTOR

The bumpers come with the moulded area where the sensors would fit so take a look behind as it appears that there aren't any actual sensors on your car.

Many thanks Dave-Retired for helping me clarify this!!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club