C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hi from Estonia!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
vaho   
Thu Aug 11 2016, 05:54am
Member No: #2228
I bought my first C6 a week ago from Germany. The trip to Germany was a bit of an adventure. The first five cars were total [%*^#@!] despite being advertised as in good or in very good condition. It cost me two days of driving around in southern Germany in a rental car and on friday evening I had lost almost all hope to find a deacent car with my budget. Decided to look one more time the advertisments and there it was, just put up, no pictures even yet. On the next morning drove to the shop and bought it. Despite the high milage (240 000 km) the car is in really good condition, fully Citroen serviced, cambelt just changed the second time, brakes renewed and last service done in january. Had winter tires on separate disks and all. Ride was excellent, engine and gearbox worked very smooth. Only the cruise control didn't work but thanks to this site it is now working again, took some two minutes to remove the bottom cover of the steering column and adjusting the wires. Had to drive some 2 100 km home without it though.
So introducing my C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDI, black with black leather interior, first registration 05.2006.

gmerry   
Thu Aug 11 2016, 07:46am
Member No: #21
Welcome to the forum. A good story and nice to hear that well looked after C6s can put on the high miles with ease.

Regards
G
AivarVal   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 02:18pm
Member No: #1956
Hello.Im also from estonia ani i love my c6.
Väga kena kohata sind siin.
vaho   
Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:31am
Tere, tere! Tore kuulda.
I continue in english. Yesterday received new PY24W Led bulbs (CAN-bus error free) and installed in DRL lamps. Straight forward job, had to remove the two notches on the bulbs which is easy. I like the white daytime lights better.

321dave   
Thu Sep 01 2016, 04:42pm
Member No: #614
Hi Vaho,
Really like the black rims in the photo, funny how such an elegant car can also carry off the black effect equally well.

You wouldn't have a link to the site you bought your LED daylight driving bulbs from?
Many thanks.

vaho   
Thu Sep 01 2016, 07:43pm
Thanks Dave but I actually preferred original grey rims, especially Atlantique style. On the other hand I kind of got used to the color, not many C6-s like that also.

I bought the bulbs from aliexpress.com but there are many on ebay also, just type in "led py24w" and you can choose the bulbs you like the most.

I bought these: - Click Here -
ul9601   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 12:47am
Member No: #1975
I think if the wheels are high gloss black with some chrome accents added (e.g. hubcap area) they could look pretty nice. In general though, I don't like coloured wheels personally, because I tend to kerb my wheels! =(
vaho   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 10:10am
One more thing with black rims is that the dust particles are showing so easily. They don´t stay clean very long, that is the case with black exterior color anyway though.
If somebody offered me Atlantique rims against my black ones, I would trade them instantly!
vaho   
Thu Oct 06 2016, 10:46am
When I bought the car the sound deadening on the rear bank of engine bay looked like that:

Apparently in Germany there is a marten problem. There was a marten ultrasonic repellant device also installed under the bonnet. I have read about it and found out that the single one just living under the bonnet is not a problem, but when he leaves and another one comes along it will chew through all that has the scent of previous marten. So had to buy a new sound deadening panel. Interestingly the panel according to my RPO number costs some 260 euros but the newer version with part no 7481LX only 124 euros. Since mine was so badly damaged I don´t know what the difference is if any. The newer version sat perfectly. Installation was a pain of course, apparently they install it in the factory before all the tubes and engine.

321dave   
Thu Oct 06 2016, 12:52pm
Member No: #614
Hi Vaho,
That's great, it's the last bit in the engine compartment for me to replace. I will be doing this soon. Any tips on how to work around the tubes. Are you going to cut slots at those points and do it that way. Thanks again.

vaho   
Thu Oct 06 2016, 05:38pm
Well no real tricks, I didn't take anything off, just put it in and pushing from above and pulling from the bottom edge. I made a cut in the bottom strip of the oval hole because it dosen't go through the heating pipes obviously. The problematic area is on the bottom left (when facing the car) where there is a bolt for AC tube clip, it just wouldn't go pass it. Standing on the right side of the car and sticking the left hand backwards into the wery limited area (between turbo pipe and coolant hose) I finally managed to get it in. At that point the panel was passing the pipe already and you jast have to bend the bottom edge so much that it will go further over the bolt. It wasn't easy and took many attemps, I have relatively big hands also and they were looking like after cat attack when the job was done. Patience is the key.
e3steve   
Fri Oct 07 2016, 08:18am
Member No: #1163
vaho wrote ...

Thanks Dave but I actually preferred original grey rims, especially Atlantique style. On the other hand I kind of got used to the color, not many C6-s like that also.

I bought the bulbs from aliexpress.com but there are many on ebay also, just type in "led py24w" and you can choose the bulbs you like the most.

I bought these: - Click Here -

I bought these also, by way of your recommendation, Vaho, along with a pair in 'yellow' for the front ninja-cators. They're not CANbus error free. I had to 'pad out' the circuits -- left & right fronts -- with a 56R / 10W resistor in order to stop them hyperflashing.

The down-side here is that the circuit-monitoring now 'sees' the resistor, not the lamp; so in the event of lamp failure on the fronts then the system will no longer hyperflash as a warning.

I also found, on AliExpress, some 1157 BA15d reds and BAU15S yellows; still waiting for the latter to arrive.

The reds are excellent, but the tail-light brightness is way too intense. The result is that there's a) insufficient difference between tail and brake lights, and b) following drivers will be irritated -- well I'd definitely be so -- by the intensity of them in traffic.

I've overcome the problem by inserting a 100R / 2W resistor into each of the four feeds to the tail-lights. This solution, however, has produced a further issue: in the event that one needs to replace a lamp with a conventional incandescent 1157 then it won't light, as the resistor will absorb the available supply.

This can be overcome, but it will be a faff!
vaho   
Fri Oct 07 2016, 10:09am
Are you saying that the white ones are not CANbus error free? Or the yellow ones for indicator? Because I got no warning message and they are still good today. Haven´t tried yellow ones though.

My thought was also to change the back lights since there is no warning on brake light failing (I noticed it accidentaly from the reflection when I was backing up that one is not lit) but I gave up for now. The brightness issue crossed my mind also and since we have here so much darkness it is maybe better not to disturb other motorists.
e3steve   
Sun Oct 09 2016, 09:57am
Member No: #1163
vaho wrote ...

Are you saying that the white ones are not CANbus error free? Or the yellow ones for indicator? .....

..... The brightness issue crossed my mind also and since we have here so much darkness it is maybe better not to disturb other motorists.

Trying a white one in the indicator would reveal whether or not they're error-free, Vaho. Our DRLs aren't monitored by the BSI; only the headlamps and, obviously, the turn signals/indicators are.

Incidentally, the light unit needs to be modified in order to accept the LEDs into the indicator portion. I buzzed it with a 21mm holesaw, orbiting it slightly to minimise burrs, then shook out the black plastic swarf and blew the remnants out with an air-line.
vaho   
Fri Jul 06 2018, 07:59am
Hi to all. I finally managed to obtain a set of Atlantique rims and I must say, they make the car look so much better:

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club