Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Lds

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
rmonf24   
Mon May 21 2018, 06:41pm
Member No: #3300
hi people, can someone tell me how to see the level of liquid lds or hydroactive suspension?
joopajaa   
Tue May 22 2018, 05:29am
Member No: #3261
I think the only way is to de-pressurize and see if the level is within sight on the tank. IMHO the level is "right enough" if:

- power-steering is working without hick-ups
- car is leveling nicely to high position (and the pump is shut down quickly)
- tank will not overflow when car is in low posision (or de-pressurized)
321dave   
Tue May 22 2018, 02:38pm
Member No: #614
joopajaa wrote ...

I think the only way is to de-pressurize and see if the level is within sight on the tank. IMHO the level is "right enough" if:

- power-steering is working without hick-ups
- car is leveling nicely to high position (and the pump is shut down quickly)
- tank will not overflow when car is in low posision (or de-pressurized)

I think that's good advice as well. Particularly if the pump is switching on/off fairly quickly. I repaired a small cracked rubber pipe on the low pressure return at the weekend. Just a few mins and it was changed out and very little leak as well. As previously stated, no need to depressurise the system.

But now I'm thinking of replacing the corroded metal brackets holding the rear valve and spheres. A few of the metal sections near the rubber pipe are corroding now as well.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club