Suspension rock solid on one corner only

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
carlosbeneto   
Mon May 07 2018, 08:44am
Member No: #3425
Good morning chaps and chappettes.

My car developed an issue a few weeks ago, the rear right corner is rock hard when you press down on it. Unfortunately Lexia doesn't show anything untoward with the suspension so I initially attributed it to a failed sphere.

The car was on its original spheres and the aftermarket warranty agreed to replace all 4 rear spheres (can you believe it?). Unfortunately this hasn't fixed the issue so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I'm currently thinking it might have something to do with the AMVAR, would disconnecting all actuators be a good next step?

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers
jamescarruthers   
Mon May 07 2018, 09:14am
Member No: #1548
Isn't the softness provided by the centre spheres? I would have thought that you have a ruptured rear centre sphere. Your warranty people need to give you two more spheres!

The corners are "hard" and the feeling becomes soft when the centre is switched in to the system.
carlosbeneto   
Mon May 07 2018, 09:42am
I've had all 4 rears replaced, am I right in thinking there are 4 at the rear and 3 at the front in total?
travlician   
Mon May 07 2018, 12:55pm
Member No: #350
From experience: if the AMVAR actuator fails it does give hard suspension on the affected corner but is reported in Lexia.
carlosbeneto   
Mon May 07 2018, 03:01pm
Interesting development. I've just run the actuator test in Diagbox and during the test the corner became soft and seems to operate normally. Following the initial outburst of joy I shut Diagbox down and turned the car off. At that point I pushed on the corner again and it became rock solid again.

Am I being paranoid and it's supposed to do that? All other corners seem soft. The actuator obviously works but I'm wondering if there's some other configuration shenanigans going that I can fix with Diagbox?
carlosbeneto   
Thu May 10 2018, 10:00am
An update on the mystery issue. I've been running the AMVAR actuator tests on Diagbox on all 4 corners for reference, and it seems like the troublesome corner goes stiff when the actuator goes into what Diagbox calls "Soft Mode". When it tests "Hard Mode" it seems easier to push the corner down.

Is this a simple case of a knackered actuator? If so, does anyone know what part numbers I need? I wouldn't imagine it's a huge job is it?
cruiserphil   
Thu May 10 2018, 10:24am

Member No: #38
Hello Carlos,

I'd check the electrical plug on that actuator for looseness and then remove the electrical plug and check connections for contamination and clean if necessary. Then reconnect and test again before considering replacement.

Best regards,

Phil C.
m0tz   
Fri Jun 08 2018, 05:33pm
Member No: #2430
I experinced about the same issue. I had also noticed that Lexia did not communicate with the rear left AMVAR. It was a connection issue and after cleaning the plug for the AMVAR, connectivity was back and I maanged to perfrom a test.

Try to perform a test on the AMVAR for each wheel and go through all the steps. This will also leave the suspension in the default posistion.
TheGerman   
Fri Jun 08 2018, 06:50pm
Member No: #3175
Hallo,

Leider ist mein Englisch nicht so toll, deswegen möchte ich euch mal auf den französischen Beitrag hinweisen. Gut beschrieben auch mit der zweifachen Einprogrammierung der Höhen. Vielleicht hilft es ja gerade bei den Amvar-C6

Google Translates as: Unfortunately, my English is not great, so I would like to point out the French post. Well described also with the double programming of heights. Maybe it just helps with the Amvar-C6

- Click Here -

Gutes Gelingen aus Deutschland

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club