Rear suspension return line - hose

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ul9601   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 05:58pm
Member No: #1975
Hi,
I was trying to pull bits off rear bumper and found this.
This has got to be a bogus repair, right? Seems like the section was cut and a rubber hose was spliced in but one end (the one where it's almost fully split) is far larger in diameter than the other end, which resulted in a premature failure.

Hattershaun   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 08:13pm
Member No: #320
That's how it left the factory; rubber and metal pipe.

The rubber perishes on all C6, so replace with a suitable rubber pipe, sourced locally..
The Citroën supplied part runs from the front of the car to the rear, will be expensive & fiddly to fit.

ul9601   
Sun Nov 11 2018, 10:49pm
Member No: #1975
I looked up the parts list and the line looks like it is three piece job but doesn't break down into that specific hose.
Would be safe to use a LHM compatible hose of suitable size.
Cheers.

321dave   
Mon Nov 12 2018, 03:22pm
Member No: #614
ul9601 wrote ...

I looked up the parts list and the line looks like it is three piece job but doesn't break down into that specific hose.
Would be safe to use a LHM compatible hose of suitable size.
Cheers.

Hi [b]ul9601,
Amazingly that's what they all do! I bought the big long straw plastic pipe that comes all the way from the front, removed the last bit (rubber pipe section, see photo) and replaced the cracked bit with the new bit. No need to depressurise or anything, about a spoon of oil came out. What you will need assuming your going to do the work yourself is a proper hose pipe clip pliers! Very handy for coolant pipes as well. That's it. The best of luck with it. 25mins of effort with the correct equipment and parts.

valentin_p   
Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:43pm
Member No: #4075
ul9601 wrote ...

Hi,
I was trying to pull bits off rear bumper and found this.
This has got to be a bogus repair, right? Seems like the section was cut and a rubber hose was spliced in but one end (the one where it's almost fully split) is far larger in diameter than the other end, which resulted in a premature failure.

Hi ul9601,

Could you please share with us the process of your repair?
I also have this problem now with my Citroen C5 from 2009 and I wanted to know the sizes of the hose. I saw in another tread that you can replace this with a generic fuel hose? Will that work?
Also did you also replaced the hose pipe clips or reused the existing ones?

Thank you very much,
Valentin
tich731   
Tue Sep 17 2019, 01:43pm
Member No: #3023
It's usually the end of the hose that splits. I unclipped that end, and as the hose was long enough, shortened the hose by 15mm approx and refitted using the same clip.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club