C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tyre Pressure Sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
GTBAML   
Tue May 01 2018, 02:24am
Member No: #3005
Appologies if this has been asked before but I could not find any info on the site!

I have purchased a new set of 'Continental' brand tyre pressure sensors.

Can anyboby point me in the right direction as to how I get these programmed up for my car?

I do not have a lexia.

Thanks in anticipation for your help and guidance.
jamescarruthers   
Tue May 01 2018, 05:33am
Member No: #1548
B&L Autos in Welwyn Garden City can do it.
Your Citroen dealer in theory could but obviously you might end up in an argument about non-genuine sensors or their competence to do it. (Maybe just give codes and keep quiet about them not being bought from Citroen?).

You need to record the details of each sensor (I took four pictures to be sure) then tell whoever does it the locations on the car.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my aftermarket ones (not Continental) could not be read by the C6. Would be interested in hearing if your Continental ones work.
MGmike   
Tue May 01 2018, 11:10am
Member No: #3151
jamescarruthers wrote ...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my aftermarket ones (not Continental) could not be read by the C6.

Could you share the make to help others not to make the same mistake? I realise naming the product might upset the supplier but if you can detail your results an informed judgement can be reached as to weather the source of the incompatibility was the sensor or the car.
jamescarruthers   
Tue May 01 2018, 12:24pm
MGmike wrote ...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my aftermarket ones (not Continental) could not be read by the C6.

Could you share the make to help others not to make the same mistake? I realise naming the product might upset the supplier but if you can detail your results an informed judgement can be reached as to weather the source of the incompatibility was the sensor or the car.

I bought the ones on eBay that are for Jaguar/Land Rover which were "guaranteed" to work by the seller in email and in the advert. Problem for me is that it took me a while to getting around to getting the sensors installed and attempt programming that I couldn't really go back and complain months later.

B&L did warn me, but I didn't listen!
MGmike   
Tue May 01 2018, 05:18pm

I bought the ones on eBay that are for Jaguar/Land Rover which were "guaranteed" to work by the seller in email and in the advert. Problem for me is that it took me a while to getting around to getting the sensors installed and attempt programming that I couldn't really go back and complain months later.

B&L did warn me, but I didn't listen!

Interesting, if they're 433MHz they should work! Don't suppose you still have them and be prepared to send me one for some testing?

jamescarruthers   
Tue May 01 2018, 07:57pm
Unfortunately, they are installed in the wheel! They are 433Mhz and look identical to the Citroen ones but they won't take in the TPMS computer. Of course, my box could be knackered rather than the sensors.

Would like to let someone else have a go, but I don't know where to go. Might try Duxford service centre
MGmike   
Tue May 01 2018, 08:35pm

they won't take in the TPMS computer.

I don't understand, can you not get the ID's entered via lexia?
If you ever get up North I'll have a go....

bargi   
Tue May 01 2018, 09:54pm
Member No: #2590
I've got a Lexia/Diagbox if you're every London way.
Although I guess if BL couldn't do it then probably fat chance I can
furriegurrie   
Thu May 03 2018, 12:44pm
Member No: #2448
I have a similar set of non Citroen ones in my winter tires. I could not get them to work with my Lexia or with the dealer tools. Euromaster however programmed them no problem with their more generic Autec? tool.
The issue I had was getting the right signal sent to the sensor to wake them up from transport mode. The dealer exciter tool did not work for this
C6Dave   
Thu May 03 2018, 01:10pm

Member No: #1
furriegurrie wrote ...

The issue I had was getting the right signal sent to the sensor to wake them up from transport mode. The dealer exciter tool did not work for this

gmerry posted on something similar a while back, the senders need to be activated otherwise they don't send a signal out for the car to pick up.
Website
jamescarruthers   
Thu May 03 2018, 01:39pm
Ooh, that sounds promising! We have an ATS in Cambridge so will give them a try. Thanks!!!!!

(hate driving round with incredibly expensive new but useless valves!)
jamescarruthers   
Thu May 03 2018, 01:41pm
By the way, this is what I have installed

Just noticed that they are Continental as well so will be very interested to hear how you get on
MGmike   
Thu May 03 2018, 08:39pm

Just noticed that they are Continental as well so will be very interested to hear how you get on

Out of interest, do you have the ID entered in to the ECU with lexia?

I think I might have a similar problem to you on a new VDO sensor eg. not activating or incorrect code conversion from Hex to decimal

jamescarruthers   
Thu May 03 2018, 09:45pm
MGmike wrote ...

Out of interest, do you have the ID entered in to the ECU with lexia?

I think I might have a similar problem to you on a new VDO sensor eg. not activating or incorrect code conversion from Hex to decimal

I'm afraid I don't know. I just gave the codes printed on the sensors to B&L and they tried to program the car but it didn't work. Maybe the problem lies with the conversion. I'll mention this to the next place that I go to and see how they get on.
furriegurrie   
Fri May 04 2018, 07:06am
Member No: #2448
I've installed the same Continental ones. Entering the codes into the ecu with Lexia did not work for me. Also using the dealer tools and their procedure did not work.

But as said Euromaster (tyrecompany) did this with their device within 10 minutes.

I did go to them with the sensors before I installed them in the wheels to see if they could read them. The guy confirmed they could and that they were in "hiberation" to preserve energy while they are on the shelve. So you need to send a special signal to wake them up.

I think them not being Citroen items this is where the dealer tool failed. Only issue I had after Euromaster added my winter wheels is they had overwritten the sensors of the summer wheels. I had taken a screenshot from Lexia with their numbers. Later I entered these manually as the second set with Lexia and both sets have been working fine since.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club