C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Spoiler

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
2ilent8cho   
Sat Apr 28 2018, 08:33am
Member No: #2626
The main known issue my C6 had when i got it was the spoiler is stuck open/up . I've searched the forums and found that park mode procedure but that does not cure it.

On closer looking the spoiler is not level. When open that channel appears towards the rear window that you can fit your finger in almost. That gap is wider on the drivers side than the passengers so i'm guessing this is why it is stuck. Does not move at all when i have gently tried to see if there is any play in it.

The gas struts on boot lid are very worn so i'm thinking maybe it has shut too hard and caused the spoiler to malfunction at some point?

Anybody else had this with their C6 before, hoping for an easy fix.
C6Dave   
Sat Apr 28 2018, 08:56am

Member No: #1
Gas struts are an easy fix, 10 minutes to swap for new ones.

Stuck rear spoiler is usually down to lack of lubrication, no one has posted on a misaligned one that I can remember?
Website
jamescarruthers   
Sat Apr 28 2018, 09:08am
Member No: #1548
Agreed. When I bought mine, it was stuck up. The guys at B&L lubricated it whilst doing other work on the car and it came back to life.

Not sure if you are aware, but if you force it to open with the car stopped (ignition off, operate the wiper stalk) it won't go back down until you drive over a certain (low) speed.

So, if you lubricate it, you won't be able to check the fruits of your labour until you drive it to reset it!

Of course, there's likely to be a Lexia command to open/close it at will.
Tjensen   
Tue May 01 2018, 08:55am
Member No: #954
My experience is also about lubrication (and then it wil reset itself) . No problem after I started lubricating the mechanism 5 years ago, before that it did not work properly.
cruiserphil   
Tue May 01 2018, 09:18am

Member No: #38
Yes Jamescarruthers,

You can exercise it with Lexia/Diagbox!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club