Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Erratic rear heater blower

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
hezekiel   
Fri Mar 16 2018, 06:32am
Member No: #3469
Hi all,

My 2006 3.0 Exclusive has a habit of changing the speed of the rear passenger heater blower in a way that doesn't make any sense to me. It will go from almost nothing to MAX and back suddenly and everything in between without any user input to any of the heater controls. This is usually worst during in the first 10 minutes from start, hot or cold but can happen after a long cruise. I hope that it isn't programmed to work like that but I have only experience from this one C6 only. Are they all like that or is there a fix?
C6Dave   
Fri Mar 16 2018, 09:10am

Member No: #1
Have you got it set to 'Auto' mode?
Website
hezekiel   
Mon Mar 19 2018, 10:52am
Member No: #3469
Yes, it is set to AUTO. Almost seems to me that it is an intermittent failure in the circuit that controls the fan speed. Is there a description of this system and the component locations available?
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 19 2018, 01:49pm

Member No: #1
hezekiel wrote ...

Is there a description of this system and the component locations available?

Air Con Wiring schematic is available for LHD cars - Click Here -

It may be a temperature sensor, have you checked for any error codes via the OBII port?
Website
lee_marshuk   
Wed Mar 28 2018, 12:02am
Member No: #1584
Not much help I know, but mine has always done this, I have experimented with different modes but it's made no difference. No error codes for me from the OB port either!
Pracli   
Tue May 22 2018, 02:56pm
Member No: #3537
Hi,
I have same issue. I found, that passenger side blown air temperature is -33C, which can be a broken NTC...
Anyone knows where is the passenger side blown air temp sensor?
( I am talking about EU version, left hand drive )
joopajaa   
Wed May 23 2018, 05:36am
Member No: #3261
Mine has also now a quite lot of RPM after starting the car but I think it has to be linked with now failed right side heater flap (only warm air air from right). I think this started at the same time as the flap failed.
Pracli   
Wed May 23 2018, 11:28am
Member No: #3537
The erratic blowing starts after appr 10min
I do not have any errors in climacontrol
The driver side I found near by throttle, but that is OK
Passenger side temp measure is extremly low, that can cause inconditionally heating on that side
Has anyone experience regarding position of pass side temp sensor, or can help on decode this behavior...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club