C6 3.0 hdi from Belgium

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
stevar   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 09:56am
Member No: #3467
Hello,

Thank you to admit me on your forum, I have heard of it on the C6 club de France( forum C6)
I am from the south part of Belgium where we speak french (Wallonie), I hope that my English is not become too weak, I learned it in Leeds-Bradford several years ago.

I have 3 CX in my garage (GTI 1988 automatic gearbox, GTI TurboII 1986, Prestige TurboII 1988)and I think that the C6 is the real daughter of those.

I bought my C6 3.0hdi two month ago in France with only 99950 Km, full options pack lounge and sunroof, colour thorium grey.

At the moment my C6 is not on the top. The suspension is like a "see-saw" and i have a big trouble with the engine that stopt suddenly on the motorway, I hope it's not serious, but according to the symptome end what I have read, I am a little bit scared

321dave   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 11:13am
Member No: #614
stevar wrote ...

Hello,

Thank you to admit me on your forum, I have heard of it on the C6 club de France( forum C6)
I am from the south part of Belgium where we speak french (Wallonie), I hope that my English is not become too weak, I learned it in Leeds-Bradford several years ago.

I have 3 CX in my garage (GTI 1988 automatic gearbox, GTI TurboII 1986, Prestige TurboII 1988)and I think that the C6 is the real daughter of those.

I bought my C6 3.0hdi two month ago in France with only 99950 Km, full options pack lounge and sunroof, colour thorium grey.

At the moment my C6 is not on the top. The suspension is like a "see-saw" and i have a big trouble with the engine that stopt suddenly on the motorway, I hope it's not serious, but according to the symptome end what I have read, I am a little bit scared

Hello and Welcome to the forum Stevar. Lovely collection of CX's you have collected, your very lucky. I agree the similarity to the C6 Is strong in many ways.
If you need any advice, this forum is very good and has helped me out many times over the last few years.

Regarding the see-saw suspension problems your sensing, depending on mileage, mine improved dramatically from just having new bushings fitted onto the front anti-roll bar. Very cheap fix, and not hard if you are doing the work yourself. It cut the see-sawing effect I was experiencing back to normal.

Regarding the engine shut down issue, hopefully it's a sensor or something simple as opposed to the Crankshaft issue people are starting to report back from Europe now. Let us know what happened if you can. Thanks again. Regards Dave.
stevar   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 11:38am
I hope you are right, but I fear the worst

Just for the fun here is a picture of my CX, I am re building the Prestige T2 on this picture it comes out de body painting

321dave   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 04:24pm
Member No: #614
stevar wrote ...

I hope you are right, but I fear the worst

Just for the fun here is a picture of my CX, I am re building the Prestige T2 on this picture it comes out de body painting

Lovely colour as well. Thanks for the great photos. Still love the CX wheel designs. Just great!
Paschal   
Thu Apr 12 2018, 08:09pm
Member No: #375
Hey Stevar, Nice CX's I hope you will have a good time with your C6.
stevar   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 06:10am
Thank you but unfortunately I have a total breakdown of the engine
Tjensen   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 07:56am
Member No: #954
Sad to hear about your engine breakdown. We are many that want all kind of information about causes and possible things to do to avoid it. Hope you have insurance that take the cost (and that Dagenham can supply a new engine)

CX is a beauty that inspired the C6 with a very reliable turbo engine (but for the rest I think C6 is better made) I miss those elegant wheels, very low weight and nice design. Is anything like it possible to get to the C6 ?
stevar   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 08:06am
At the moment I am looking for a engine, I don't know if the TDV6 3.0 Range can be fitted in the C6

- Click Here -
Tjensen   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 09:48am
Member No: #954
The core engine ("short enginge") should be the same, but crankcase/oil sump and pump/ and cooling system is different, maybe more... There should be a Company in Dagenham (in addition to Ford) that sells reconditioned engines
stevar   
Fri Apr 13 2018, 12:50pm
When you buy an engine it's delivered "naked", you have to fit all the component like alternator, turbo etc from your previous engine.

According to what you mean it's not possible to use the TDV6 Range because of the crankcase.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club