C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tricks with electronics - cruise ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joopajaa   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 12:48pm
Member No: #3261
Is there a way to force cruise control "on"? Most annoying when you have to push twice the cruise button and also one more push to activate it. Too complicated with 3 button pressing... (super easy on C5 etc with physical cruise/limiter switch).

Can I just install cruise stalk???

joopajaa   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 02:10pm
Topic #2: Is there a way to prevent annoying notifications from the screen (via Mirascript or diagbox)? For example "rear seat belts on" and vice versa - I have child seat always "on" so no need for that info..
PercyPorcelain   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 03:39pm
Member No: #2027
Yes they're annoying aren't they? Can't be many modern cars that don't have this problem though. A previous owner 'fixed' it by severing the leads to front wheels which were obviously bringing up too many false brake pads messages (yet I still get them, and went out and bought some unnecessary pads). Accused my mechanic of doing this but probably was done years ago (same way I accused Kwikfit of wrecking locking wheel nuts but was probably also done years ago...)
e3steve   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 07:39am
Member No: #1163
joopajaa wrote ...

Is there a way to force cruise control "on"? Most annoying when you have to push twice the cruise button and also one more push to activate it. Too complicated with 3 button pressing... (super easy on C5 etc with physical cruise/limiter switch).

Can I just install cruise stalk???

Only the post-2009 models appear to support 'cruise control status memory'. Not sure of the starting RPO number (one of mine's 11999), but it should be something that's just software driven(?)...
joopajaa   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 05:26am
Can I just install cruise stalk?
C6Dave   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 10:07am

Member No: #1
joopajaa wrote ...

Can I just install cruise stalk?

You would possibly need the whole unit under the steering wheel and there is no guarantee that it's backward compatible.

I never use 'cruise' only the speed limiter.

Set that and you can simply change the max speed by using the + & - buttons on the steering wheel whilst driving when the limits change (which they did on the French Autoroutes last week).
Website
Norman   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 12:53pm
Member No: #364
Hi Dave what have the french done to the speed limits?
C6Dave   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 01:12pm

Norman wrote ...

Hi Dave what have the french done to the speed limits?

Nothing as far as I know, it's just that they have different limits on different sections of the same road Norman, the worse parts seemed to be from Caen up the coast route toward Calais
Website
Norman   
Tue Oct 17 2017, 09:03pm
Have you driven around Spain? Talk about crazy speed limits 80 kph up long steep hills with speed cameras and anything from 100 to 130kph downhill with speed cameras and long sections of 3 and 4 lane motorways with 50kph limits. Without the satnave telling you when the limits have changed up or down speeding fines can be easily obtained
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 18 2017, 12:43pm

Norman wrote ...

Have you driven around Spain? Talk about crazy speed limits 80 kph up long steep hills with speed cameras and anything from 100 to 130kph downhill with speed cameras and long sections of 3 and 4 lane motorways with 50kph limits. Without the satnave telling you when the limits have changed up or down speeding fines can be easily obtained

Was thinking about it Norman but not so sure now!
Website
pshawfocus   
Wed Oct 18 2017, 01:35pm
Member No: #1322
Not that I'm advocating speeding whilst enjoying the often far better surfaced motorways of our European cousins, but as they don't exchange any info with the DVLA / UK authorities, unless you get stopped by plod, you can sail through the speed cameras with abandon.
Norman   
Wed Oct 18 2017, 08:39pm
Yes they do exchange info between countries and I drive a Spanish plated car so I have to be law abiding
e3steve   
Thu Oct 19 2017, 08:31am
Member No: #1163
pshawfocus wrote ...

Not that I'm advocating speeding whilst enjoying the often far better surfaced motorways of our European cousins, but as they don't exchange any info with the DVLA / UK authorities, unless you get stopped by plod, you can sail through the speed cameras with abandon.
Not so. The traffic authorities have been exchanging info for several years, including parking violations.

I’ve had a parking ticket for my Spanish C4 Picasso sent to my UK address, and my best mate picked up a speed camera fine in Italy (which I paid for him, as I have a Euro bank account in Spain).
joopajaa   
Mon Apr 23 2018, 05:29am
This is haunting me. Does anyone have looked the "Com2000" on these sixes? My guess is that its 100% same as on C5 and P307 etc. In that sense there should be a option to activate is via Lexia. So I just need to find a cruise stalk... With 2 or 3 stage switch... hmm
Trainman   
Mon Apr 23 2018, 07:14pm

Member No: #86
you have to activate the stalk in two within Lexia, one is the engine ECU and the other is driving aids........ I think, It's been a while since I did that.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club