New flagship Citroen saloon confirmed for production

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 17 2018, 06:44pm

Member No: #1
Autocar item From Facebook:

Citroen CEO confirms firm will launch new large saloon, recreating the C5 and C6 as a distinctive-looking, high-tech, comfort-led car

Citroën will launch a new large saloon to replace the C5 and C6, which will stand out from rivals by bringing "something different" to the class norm, CEO Linda Jackson has confirmed.

The new car, hinted at by the C-xperience concept revealed at the 2016 Paris motor show, will launch in 2019 or 2020, Autocar understands.

To read the full article: - Click Here -

So no Hydraulic Suspension but it could be an interesting replacement for the C6.
Website
Bishop   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 09:31am
Member No: #868
I am sorry, but I have no expectations of this car - it'll be more of a C5 replacement and, given current form, will use tricks and gimmicks to enliven the styling and engineering spec rather than go for a truly innovative engineering and aerodynamic solutions.
FraserG   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 10:44pm
Member No: #2011
As Bishop states, given current form, I wouldn't be holding my breath for engineering innovation. Since the truly ground breaking solutions that Citroen gave us with the Traction, 2CV, DS and GS, they really haven't displayed the design leadership that I admired. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy many of the more recent cars they have introduced. I drive a C6 and my wife the original C4, both of which display elements of innovation, but they don't truly break any rules or truly innovate. That is where Tesla have displayed more fresh thinking.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club