I'm looking to buy NEW power steering pump and NEW front hydraulic cylinders

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Paulius   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 02:44pm
Member No: #1821
Hello everyone,

My steering pump started making whining noise when cold, now it's whining all the time. I don't think that replacing it with anything older than new is a good idea.
My question would be, is that steering-pump shared in between other PSA cars such as 407 by any chance? Where would you be looking for new genuine/oem parts like that?

Also, my suspension hydraulic cylinders are a little bit leaky, and I sometimes do notice my car having dropped it's nose over night. Where should I look for those NEW? Also, to me it seems that there is no point in replacing the AMVAR actuators - would it be possible to buy new cylinders without AMVAR and just screw the original one on?

Spheres is easy, sphere-shop.co.uk...
cruiserphil   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 05:41pm

Member No: #38
Hello Paulius,

I have ordered my replacement AMVAR hydraulic struts from Citroen.

Best regards,

Phil C.
ReinierUbbink   
Sun Aug 13 2023, 08:18pm
Member No: #5282
I have a question about my new fitted steering pump and did not want to start a new topic. I started with all the noises as well..

I replaced my steering pump however after coming to a corner it is sometimes not giving enough power, so the wheel is really heavy.
It doesn't all the time and when it pics up it is really noticable.
Looks like it's doing something similar at the highway as well but with less impact.

Do I need to balance the steering with the new pump ?
I have air in my steering cilinders maybe
Or is my new pump not good enough ...

LDS levels are OK.
Steering is 90% of the time normal.
onthecut   
Mon Aug 14 2023, 08:52am
Member No: #2793
I stand to be corrected on this, but I think the C6 has variable rate steering, like the 3.0 C5. If so, your issue may be electrical rather than a hydraulic pressure problem.
On the C5 we have, we had a problem with the steering and after a lot of digging about we discovered the harness to the electrovalve at the rack pinion had chafed through on the front subframe (completely hidden from view).

I would perhaps start in your case with doing a diagnostic scan; you might get lucky and a code will point you at the problem, if it is electrical.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club