Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6 Parts Market

**WANTED** Rear height sensor, help!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
meliskay72   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 12:26pm
Member No: #1645
I am in very urgent need of a new rear height sensor (colour green, I believe ) for my C6. Coventry etc is u.s, saying April 4th.

If anybody has one of these and can oblige please send me a p.m with contact info.

I can but hope!

Dave-Retired   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 03:38pm

Member No: #1
Part number is 5273 J6 if it is the Green one:

There are a couple of new ones available in Europe - Click Here - / - Click Here - But postage time with Easter coming up, well doubt they would arrive any quicker.
Website
meliskay72   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 09:55pm
mucho gracias, David.

Checked both sites, Bart Ebben is the wrong sensor (5273-A2), but Autoteile-Hilt (5273-J6) is THE RIGHT ONE. For this I thank you. I now have their contact details and will speak to them to see what can be arranged.

As an observation, seeing the list of cars on which this is a common fitting, it is amazing to be told that there is not one available in the U.K.

regards,
meliskay72
Trainman   
Sun Mar 25 2018, 06:08pm

Member No: #86
I've got one in a box, but can't remember what colour, i'll have a look in the morning
meliskay72   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:04am
good morning trainman.
dave-retired did his best, the part no. is 5273 J6, the plastic edge part is green.
Dave found one in Germany(autoteile-hilt). I 'phoned them this morning, but they will not post to U.K. TRAGEDY.
If you are successful, I will send my details in a pm.
meliskay72   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:41am
further to my original post et al, I have just finished another call to my citroen garage (broach hill) and they tell me that I also need the angular pickup link, part no. 5273 81 which connects the sensor swivel to the car. Of course this is in the same distant boat as the sensor, so if one of these is available too, then great.
Dave-Retired   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 02:07pm

meliskay72 wrote ...

I also need the angular pickup link, part no. 5273 81 which connects the sensor swivel to the car. Of course this is in the same distant boat as the sensor, so if one of these is available too, then great.

There is a complete 'used' one on eBay that would get you rolling again

EDIT: just checked and they won't post to the UK either....
Website
meliskay72   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 03:59pm
Thank you Dave-retired. Another miss----- due to posting. What is it about posting to U.K ?? or have
we already left the E.U. but nobody told us yet?

In the meantime as you will have seen, I am waiting,(holding my breath even) for
a message from Trainmans' parts box.

as a PS. there is, of course a tale that goes with my initial request post. When I have cooled down sufficiently, I will compose the saga and post, probably under running costs or reliability.
auf wiedersehen.

cruiserphil   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 04:52pm

Member No: #38
Dave,

Which ones on eBay won't post? I've found a used one from Germany. I don't see any UK post restriction?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Dave-Retired   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 05:26pm

cruiserphil wrote ...

Dave,

Which ones on eBay won't post? I've found a used one from Germany. I don't see any UK post restriction?

Best regards,

Phil C.

This the one you found Phil - Click Here - looks like a 'blue' not green one

This one - Click Here - clearly states 'Does not post to the UK' but looks to be 'Blue' as well

However another search on the part number brings up this one - Click Here -
Website
1 User said Thank You to Dave-Retired for this Post :
 cruiserphil (27 Mar : 19:07)
meliskay72   
Tue Mar 27 2018, 03:14pm
To everybody who has tried to heip, a very heartfelt Thankyou !!!.

( I will still be very interested to hear from trainman, when he finds his box, please).

The part ordered from citroen, due in about 2 weeks hence, arrived at broach hill
garage this morning, so they are on with fitting etc.

So this panic is over, but there is the rest of the story still to come, watch
this space.
Trainman   
Tue Mar 27 2018, 04:32pm

Member No: #86
Mine is a front one, it’s blue
cruiserphil   
Tue Mar 27 2018, 07:28pm

Member No: #38
Hello Dave,

This was the green one - Click Here -.

When I clicked on your non UK delivery link it said delivery to Ireland possible. I wonder has that supplier made an error with its listing. I had to contact a UK seller once whose listing stated does not post to UK!!

Anyway, Meliskay is sorted it appears!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club