Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: 3.0 HDi Forum

Cranking but not starting after wash

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 09:50am

Member No: #38
Dennis,

You posted in the 3.0HDi section but you didn't say what engine your car has. If it's the 3.0Hdi the fuel filter, for example, is positioned in rear of the fuel tank under the car.

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 10:13am
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

Dennis,

You posted in the 3.0HDi section but you didn't say what engine your car has. If it's the 3.0Hdi the fuel filter, for example, is positioned in rear of the fuel tank under the car.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi Phil,
apologies to Dennis. I had not realised the fuel filter was at the back with the tank pump on the 3.0hdi?
I'm getting schooled this morning this is such a good forum.
dennis_vogelius   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 10:48am
Member No: #3477
Hmmmm, I might be I HOPE a little closer to my problem here.

There is sitting some wiring to the common rail I guess, and one is broken, and it was disconected

I hope this is the problem, cause for now I am about to EXPLODE.
dennis_vogelius   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 11:01am
Okay, this is what I have found.

The connector with the broken wire is sitting RIGHT under the common rail connector.

I don't know what it is doing or IF it has anything to do with my starting problem

321dave   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 12:01pm
Hi Dennis,
Did you remove the white connector with the broken wire or was it disconnected? The wire broken is most likely your issue. I would try and reconnect it. Do you have experience reconnecting wires?

You could solder a new piece of cable between the break and heat strink a cover to protect it. Then try starting the engine. Looks very likely car wont start as it's receiveing no signal from the sensor to the Ecu computer. Well done finding the broken wire. Your nearly solved!
C6Dave   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 12:02pm

Member No: #1
Looks like a few cm of wiring is missing.... Can't say what it's for but it would be a good starting point to repair that.

Will see if I can find a wiring diagram for it but don't hold your breath.....

BTW to save any more confusion added the car details to your signature

EDIT: looks like your going to have to pay for an hours access to service.citroen.com to get the required wiring diagram if you want to try and trace it.
Website
cruiserphil   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 10:11pm

Member No: #38
Hello Dennis,

It would help as Dave Retired says to say what engine we're dealing with (2.2, 2.7, 3.0 diesel)?

Best regards,

Phil C.
dennis_vogelius   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 08:44am
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Dennis,

It would help as Dave Retired says to say what engine we're dealing with (2.2, 2.7, 3.0 diesel)?

Best regards,

Phil C.

It is allready writen that it is a 3.0 HDI 240 HP from 2010
dennis_vogelius   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 08:47am
Okidoki. It did not help anything to connect the wire that was broken.

Now I am thinking if this could be a problem with the ECM. Crank but no start is a typicall sign of a ECM problem also

Guess in french they call it the reve / relais
321dave   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 09:49pm
dennis_vogelius wrote ...

Now I am thinking if this could be a problem with the ECM. Crank but no start is a typicall sign of a ECM problem also

Hi Dennis,
what a pity. Thought it was the wire. Best get the lexia setup and plugged in. That will be able to help pin point something wrong. let us know how your getting on. Wonder what it could be? You did charge and check the output voltage of the battery? How is your key fob battery? I had a key once with a bad battery but then the doors wouldn't lock or unlock.
dennis_vogelius   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 10:10pm
321dave wrote ...

Hi Dennis,
what a pity. Thought it was the wire. Best get the lexia setup and plugged in. That will be able to help pin point something wrong. let us know how your getting on. Wonder what it could be? You did charge and check the output voltage of the battery? How is your key fob battery? I had a key once with a bad battery but then the doors wouldn't lock or unlock.

Battery got a good charge, and I have 3 keys, and result is the same with them all.

I am as of now also fighting getting Lexia installed. somehow things really are messing with me.

To be honest I was also convinced that my problem would have been solved fixing that key, but NOPE.

A very sad and frustrated C6 owner right now
321dave   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 02:25pm

321dave wrote ...

Hi Dennis,

Battery got a good charge, and I have 3 keys, and result is the same with them all.

I am as of now also fighting getting Lexia installed. somehow things really are messing with me.

To be honest I was also convinced that my problem would have been solved fixing that key, but NOPE.

Hi Dennis,
Are you installing on an old Xp machine or something new like windows 10.
dennis_vogelius   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 04:55pm
321dave wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

Hi Dennis,

Hi Dennis,
Are you installing on an old Xp machine or something new like windows 10.

I have tried to install on a Win 10, XP and virtual machine XP. Getting same problem when i need to install the Actia drivers. Instead of finding MULTI-INSTANCE drivers it give me UMDF.

Things are REALLY not going well here (:
321dave   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 05:57pm

Hi Dennis,

Ok, where did you get your Lexia and software. I believe there is good and bad versions that are sold. I'll try and find the reference to a link about it on the forum. When your installing are you connected to the internet. Also, I wonder is the any forum member not to far from you to help you with a Lexia? Anyone you know of?
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 06:39pm

Member No: #1
321dave wrote ...

I'll try and find the reference to a link about it on the forum.

I got mine from Vehicle Diagnostics UK on eBay - Click Here - it installed 1st time with zero issues on my Notebook/pad running Win 10
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club