Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

XCarLink - Anyone managed to get it working?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
carlosbeneto   
Tue Mar 13 2018, 04:05pm
Member No: #3425
Afternoon everyone!

I've had a dig through the existing XCarLink threads but haven't managed to come up with a definite answer. I've bought one of the units (on my second one actually, as they sent me a second unit in case the first one was faulty), but I cannot get it to work.

I disconnected the black CD changer plug from the rear (bottom right if you looked at it straight on), and connected the XCarLink unit. This sometimes sends my RT3 unit into some kind of loop in which it switches from AUX to CD Changer very quickly (to the point where the unit is sluggish). Other times I get no audio functions at all (no radio, no CD, no AUX). Interestingly, when it's in this loop you can hear very short hints of the music on the XCarLink coming through.

I'm confused as they market the unit as RT3 compatible, is there anything else I need to do? Any other cable I need to disconnect?

I've tried disconnecting the other plug next to it but that just disconnects the screen which is rather futile...

Any suggestions before I get a refund?

Cheers!
bargi   
Thu Mar 15 2018, 08:08pm
Member No: #2590
I had similar problems with my RT3 and a YATOUR device here

Video of the weirdness here

I even tried pulling the fuse for the CD Changer to make sure it was completely disconnected and still no luck.

In the end I sent it back and bought the following pieces of kit and stream via bluetooth via the Aux in the glovebox.

Esinkin Wireless Bluetooth here
Cigarette to USB here
USB Noise Filter here

It all fits in the glove box and I've got a cigarette lighter extension cable running from the centre console to power it that snakes around into the glove box.
I have bought some bits to tap into the fuse box directly but just haven't fitted it yet.

It's not a cheap setup, but has worked flawlessly and connects every time. Sound quality is very good as well.

Possibly a cheap all in one unit out there now, but I think at the time I struggled to find something with output to a 3.5mm socket to then go to the Aux RCA inputs.

Bit of a Google
Found this for this for £2.69! Bluetooth AUX & Mic Car Adapter
or this 3.5mm Jack Wireless Bluetooth Receiver Audio Adapter Car AUX Headphones Speaker
jamescarruthers   
Thu Mar 15 2018, 11:57pm
Member No: #1548
Did you somehow manage to boost the aux in volume or did you not suffer that C6 foible?

I have to play mine at full volume to get a listenable volume and no option to blast good songs!
carlosbeneto   
Fri Mar 16 2018, 05:44pm
Member No: #3425
That's the same exact weirdness I've been getting. I think I'm going to send it back and replicate your setup. Thanks for the input!

My aux input has a reasonable oomph, I guess you could inline a headphone amp though (as long as you don't overload the input).
bargi   
Fri Mar 16 2018, 10:50pm
Member No: #2590
I have the phone bluetooth volume at or close to max.
It's fine and doesn't sound like it's struggling and no distortion

jamescarruthers wrote ...

Did you somehow manage to boost the aux in volume or did you not suffer that C6 foible?

I have to play mine at full volume to get a listenable volume and no option to blast good songs!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club