Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Mon May 14 2018, 08:10am
Member No: #614
MGmike wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

Did you suffer any damage after you investigated? Hopefully all was ok. I know from the state of mine that it was the original inlet manifold. My failure was just as it was going in for the new timing belt 2yrs ago. I guess to be fair my original tank failed at about 118,000mls.

Dave, I bought the car knowing it had a blown engine and have still to go deep in to the full effects!

I started a new thread to cover my exploits - Click Here - but for now here's the pic of the inlet at 13 years and 85K miles....

You can see the outer ring of plastic supporting the seal has disintegrated around 50% of the circumference.

Hi Mike,
thanks for the photo, mine failed at around 118000mls and had the same 50% plastic turned to putty. But I got it in time! All fine now. But if anyone is buying a 10yr old car make sure to check these plastic parts well, and the coolant circuit as well while your checking. Plenty of plastic ended durit hoses to crack around the same time as the tanks.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club