Tyre Pressure Sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Bliek73   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 10:59pm
Member No: #3264
Hi all,

Just bought myself a set of refurbished Roccastrada Rims for the summer tires. They are unfortunately without the pressure sensors. Anyone knows the part number for them?
I saw a set on e-bay with part number 9673860880 but can't figure out if they will do the job!

Thanks so much.

Happy C6 2.7 driver. 299999 km on the clock!

jamescarruthers   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 07:38am
Member No: #1548
My eBay ones didn't work, I can tell you that!
Tjensen   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 01:50pm
Member No: #954
I am pleased with the change to CUB universal TPMS, low price, good quality and they trick the car computer into believing they are the originals.
Bliek73   
Sun Feb 18 2018, 06:54pm
Member No: #3264
Do you have a link to those CUB ones?
Tjensen   
Mon Feb 19 2018, 03:13pm
Member No: #954
A lot in internet: - Click Here -. The won a price for their TPMS sensors. BUT: marketing is mostly to garages, and I got mine through my tyre dealer.
MGmike   
Mon Feb 19 2018, 05:13pm
Member No: #3151
All, I've just become the proud owner of an Autel TPMS diagnostic tool (or I will be when it's delivered!).

Check out the Autel TS401 on the web and the MX-Senors.

Amongst other things, it allows me to read the existing ID's and program a replacement sensor with the original ID!

When I've had a bit of a play and checked it's functionality I'll be happy to pre-program sensors if members send the ID's to me (small beer token donations accepted). If you don't know the ID I'll need the old sensor or the car to interrogate the ECU with Lexia.
Junksleeper   
Fri Feb 23 2018, 07:31pm
Member No: #1605
Have to be honest, my experience was that the sensors constantly told me things were OK when they patently weren't and then told me that things were NOT OK when they actually were. As a result I removed the things and now rely on the good old Mark One eyeball and a gauge. An old fashioned twice weekly check on the tyres, oil, water and brake fluid levels keeps me happy regardless of what the computer says. Having said that, I know that in this day and age folk like all info via a screen, my advice is just don't always believe what it tells you!!
cruiserphil   
Fri Feb 23 2018, 08:13pm

Member No: #38
Thanks MGmike,

Have a TS401 but was not aware of the MX-sensors as potential replacements.

Best regards,

Phil C.
CitroenCrazy   
Sun Feb 25 2018, 10:19am
Member No: #443
My car was fitted with VDO tyre pressure sensors, reference S 1201 23004 There's a suffix letter after the number, but this can be ignored.

Cheapest option I found was one of the many trading names for Autodoc GmbH, in this case SparePartStore24.co.uk I bought two for just under £35 each, delivered, though it took 10 days for them to come from Germany.

Don't forget to make a note of the unique reference

FWIW, I was initially cynical about the value of this system, but experience tells me I can't tell when low profile tyres are losing pressure just by looking at them. I put a spare wheel on that looked fine. TPS reported 24psi, which was accurate when measured independently. It looked just the same when I pumped it up to the correct pressure.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club