C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

New C6 Owner engine problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
neilljj   
Sat Jan 20 2018, 02:32pm
Member No: #3350
Hi everyone I bought a Citroen c6 just before Christmas as I had been looking to get one for a few years, this one came up close to me so long story short I bought it with a suspension problem, but I am now having a problem with engine going into reduced power while I'm driving the codes that keep coming up on my code reader are.
P1351 P1446 and This time while looking it also threw up P0180
If anyone could shed some light or give some help I would be very grateful its an 07 c6 the 2.7 diesel.
With regards to the reduced power nothing come up on the dash to say it's happened the power will just drop off as if it's turned the turbos off, if I plug the code reader in and clear the codes it will be fine again for anything between a couple of days or a week it can happen when driving slow or when on the motorway.
C6Dave   
Sat Jan 20 2018, 06:28pm

Member No: #1
Just Click on P1351 for more info (I had that a couple of months back)

P1446 is indicating a Low Additive ( Eolys ) level

P0180 could be a generic 'malfunctioning fuel temperature sensor' and given the recent cold weather may be related to P1351 but night clear when things warm up
Website
neilljj   
Sat Jan 20 2018, 07:57pm
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the P1351 code, would it be that one that's putting my car into reduced power? Also I do have the fap additive low come up on my screen now and then but I removed the tank behind the rear wherl and refilled with correct fluid it's now sound half full, I was hoping it would rest but I guess not, is that a Citroen job to reset? And thanks for your help
C6Dave   
Sat Jan 20 2018, 08:38pm

neilljj wrote ...

Also I do have the fap additive low come up on my screen now and then but I removed the tank behind the rear wherl and refilled with correct fluid it's now sound half full, I was hoping it would rest but I guess not, is that a Citroen job to reset? And thanks for your help

The additive ECU needs to be 'reset' I have never done it but you should be able to using Lexia/Diagbox. Hopefully someone will be able to guide you through that process.

I'm not sure if a Low additive error will put the car into 'Limp' mode so have a look at the tech doc for it, but P1351 didn't put my car into limp mode whilst it was on all the way home from France.

The fuel temperature error may be the candidate for that one but there isn't a tech doc for it.
Website
neilljj   
Sat Jan 20 2018, 08:51pm
Thanks a lot Dave i just read your thread I think I'll pick up a set of glow plugs and get my friend at the garage to replace them as the car has just done 109000 miles and don't know if they were ever done.
They have Bosch ones at £49 on eBay so bit of luck that will sort out my problem, was yours losing power as well? It's weird with mine it's as if the turbos have ben turned to a quarter of their power
neilljj   
Sat Jan 20 2018, 08:59pm
Also if there is anyone up here in north wales that has a lexia system and could help reset my ecu for fap additive monitor I would be vey grateful and happy to pay you for your time, it might even tell me what's up with my suspension, as that keeps coming up suspension faulty when driving slow but once your driving fast or on a motorway it is fine
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 21 2018, 09:59am

neilljj wrote ...

Thanks a lot Dave i just read your thread I think I'll pick up a set of glow plugs and get my friend at the garage to replace them as the car has just done 109000 miles and don't know if they were ever done.

I haven't changed the Glow Plugs yet, I changed the ECU which is far easier and a DIY job with few tools required

What you might want to do is to try and eliminate the other P0180 error and remove the plastic engine cover (it's just clipped in place) then clean all the wiring connectors you can find on the injection system and make sure they are secure.
Website
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Sun Jan 21 2018, 12:23pm
Member No: #615
Have you changed the DIESEL filter the 2.7 are very sensitive.
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 21 2018, 08:52pm

AndreSMCXXMC6 wrote ...

Have you changed the DIESEL filter the 2.7 are very sensitive.

Very good point, we often forget the basics and Citroen halved the diesel filter change time because of fuelling issues and it's not an expensive option.
Website
mixolydian   
Wed Jan 24 2018, 12:14am
Member No: #3382
I had very similar symptoms with regards the loss of power, though accompanied by the 'depollution system faulty' error being thrown on the dash too. I was fortunate in that this was resolved simply by changing the fuel filter. Beforehand it just felt like the turbos weren't generating any boost and pulling away at a junction was borderline dangerous.

This happened relatively soon after I bought the car too, so I don't know whether the previous owners ran on high-grade diesel or not (see other threads on this debate). Once the filter is changed it usually takes some time for the fault to clear and the power to return - after a few miles at consistent motorway speeds it should improve noticeably if the filter was indeed at fault.

Cheers.
jesus1973   
Wed Apr 03 2019, 09:09am
Member No: #1051
I just got the same p0180 and a p0183 error codes a couple of weeks ago and the car lost turbo boost, though there were no warnings displayed. Cleared the codes and everything ran fine for 20 miles, then no turbos again. Changed the fuel filter this weekend, but reentered limping mode. So now waiting for those extra few miles to do the trick and bring full power back.
jesus1973   
Mon Apr 08 2019, 07:32pm
Member No: #1051
Well, It didn't, so should error codes p0180 and p0183 come up in your car the fuel temperature sensor needs to be replaced. Mine read inside
4r8q 9f951 AA. I located it in AliExpress, 6 euros. Hope someone might find this helpful.
Trainman   
Wed Apr 10 2019, 01:39pm

Member No: #86
neilljj wrote ...

Also if there is anyone up here in north wales that has a lexia system and could help reset my ecu for fap additive monitor I would be vey grateful and happy to pay you for your time, it might even tell me what's up with my suspension, as that keeps coming up suspension faulty when driving slow but once your driving fast or on a motorway it is fine

Have a look at this thread from the FrenchCarForum, I know there's somebody in - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club