C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Mucked up parking sensors by fiddling with number plate

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PercyPorcelain   
Wed Jan 17 2018, 09:35pm
Member No: #2027
Hi folks, my parking sendors were fine until I started fiddling with front number plate, essentially putting a chrome backplate to number plate, could this have set up some electromagnetic field? Now they are going off continuously, driving me crazy. They settle down for a bit, then when I have to resecure the number plate (because obviously what I have done is non-original), off they go again!
pantau   
Wed May 09 2018, 08:59pm
Member No: #3523
Hi, any progress with the front sensors? My front sensors are always going off (like the obstacle is directly in front of the bumper)..
Rear sensors works fine - is there a way how to bypass the front sensors (I dont need them) just to use the rear ones without constant beeping of the front sensors?

Tjensen   
Wed May 09 2018, 09:06pm
Member No: #954
I think it can be done in Lexia. Rear sensors are part of the general installed package, but front sensors are C6 special and must be ticked "on" in a menu. I know because front sensors have disappeared after reinstallation several times.
PercyPorcelain   
Thu May 31 2018, 06:26pm
Member No: #2027
I turn them on and off now as required (a word of caution, try to remember you no longer have them on while parking or you will become a nuisance bump-parker) but yes, rear ones are still useful while front ones have gone haywire...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club