C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Lexia Doesnt Work for You - Alternative

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 11 2017, 07:52am

Member No: #1
I just bought a Diagbox system from e Bay seller vehicle-diagnosticsuk - Click Here -

Installed it on my Win 10 laptop straight from the CD following the instructions provided and it works.

The interface cables have all the correct 'Made In France' labels etc. and connected to my car with no problems allowing me to start by interrogating the errors and clearing the fault codes eliminating the EML on the dashboard.
Website
ul9601   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 09:08am
Member No: #1975
Dave-Retired wrote ...

I just bought a Diagbox system from e Bay seller vehicle-diagnosticsuk - Click Here -

Installed it on my Win 10 laptop straight from the CD following the instructions provided and it works.

The interface cables have all the correct 'Made In France' labels etc. and connected to my car with no problems allowing me to start by interrogating the errors and clearing the fault codes eliminating the EML on the dashboard.

What do you mean by "correct 'Made in France' labels'"? They are surely not legitimate PSA parts - if they were, why would you not buy them off a dealer?

C6Dave   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 09:46am

ul9601 wrote ...

What do you mean by "correct 'Made in France' labels'"? They are surely not legitimate PSA parts - if they were, why would you not buy them off a dealer?

You can't get them from a PSA dealer as far as I am aware.
Website
vaho   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 12:41pm
Member No: #2228
The clone interfaces from China have all the correct stickers and labels. It is a clone and not an original nevertheless. If someone wants it is possible to buy original interface from PSA. You have to send your wish to the specific email. Do not have the email at hand right now but it is pointless anyway because the price of the original is at least 10 times higher than the clone units so I doubt anyone would want to buy it just for personal use.
On the other hand you can use the clone interface with official online Diagbox perfectly well so there is no need to buy an original anyway.
ul9601   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 06:14pm
Ok what I'm getting at is, having a label doesn't mean it's any good - Having "made in France" label on it doesn't guarantee it was made in France or it's genuine or it's any good, because they would print and slap on those labels in China (or wherever the clone parts are made).
In short, you can't tell if it's any good until you hook it up to the car...
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 06:43pm

ul9601 wrote ...

Which is why I posted the link to a UK seller of an item that is good quality.
Website
ul9601   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 07:13pm
Dave-Retired wrote ...

ul9601 wrote ...

Which is why I posted the link to a UK seller of an item that is good quality.

It's just that I wasn't sure what you were getting at by saying it has all the decals, that's all.
Cheers.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club