C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Preheating releay

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
datmbn   
Mon Sep 20 2010, 08:50am
Member No: #193
Does annyone know the location of the preheating relay ?
I hav an faultcode that says "no curent to preheating releay"
I have to check this upp befor winter, maybe it is one or more glowplugs that are defektive that cause the releay to shut of

regards Mats
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 20 2010, 09:36am

Member No: #1
The pre and post heat functions are explained here - Click Here -

Plus the parts list is here: - Click Here - which shows the location

Hope that helps Mats
Website
datmbn   
Mon Sep 20 2010, 01:29pm
Thanks!!
datmbn   
Tue Sep 21 2010, 07:22am
This was a litel tricky the relay is located in the bottom of the fusebox under some computer.
and ther was an glowplug that have no contakt thro it so i have to fit new glowplugs befor the winter.
C6Dave   
Tue Sep 21 2010, 07:49am

Due to the higher ambient temperatures in the UK over the winter the pre heat function doesn't get anywhere near as much use as you will in Sweden so hopefully we won't get many issues.
Website
gmerry   
Thu May 04 2017, 10:25am
Member No: #21
According to the circuit diagram, the pre-post heating relay controller has 6 separate outlets, one for each glowplug, at least on the 2.7HDi. Does anyone know where the output 6 way plug on the relay controller is located, so that I can check the cold resistances of each of the glowplugs and see if/which any of the original 2008 glowplugs are still working.

In theory this will save me stripping down the top of the cylinder heads to access each glowplug??????

Many thanks
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 18 2019, 10:14am

gmerry wrote ...

Does anyone know where the output 6 way plug on the relay controller is located, so that I can check the cold resistances of each of the glowplugs and see if/which any of the original 2008 glowplugs are still working.

In theory this will save me stripping down the top of the cylinder heads to access each glowplug??????

Bit late but for anyone else: - Click Here -
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club