RT4 - Insert Update CD

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Grumpytvr   
Mon Jan 01 2018, 05:59pm
Member No: #742
A Happy New Year to all!

Got in the C6 this afternoon to discover that the start up screen is displaying "Insert Update CD" and the navidrive unit doesn't start up. Not only that but the speedo units have changed to kilometers and I can't change them back because navidrive won't start!

I've got nothing to lose by updating the firmware, does anyone know which version firmware is the most up to date (8.31?) and also the most economical way of getting hold of a disc?

One of my New Year resolutions is to look at getting rid of my C6 as I don't have the time these days to fix the numerous problems it constantly throws up. So if anyone is interested in a 2.2 MANUAL C6 in silver then drop me a line.....
C6Dave   
Tue Jan 02 2018, 03:57pm

Member No: #1
You can buy an original disc at your local Citroen Dealer for Circa £7.00 - part number: 9679242580

Or

PM me your address and I'll post you a copy
Website
Grumpytvr   
Tue Jan 02 2018, 09:15pm
Thanks Dave

I've managed to get one via a local Citroen dealer. It should be arriving tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to update in the next couple of days. You're right it was around £7, which was surprising - I was expecting a lot more!

Hopefully it will cure one of the many C6 issues I have at the moment!!

Cheers
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 10:49am

Member No: #1
Grumpytvr wrote ...

It should be arriving tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to update in the next couple of days. You're right it was around £7, which was surprising - I was expecting a lot more!

When updating make sure the engine is running before inserting the disc as if the car goes into economy mode it will fail (potentially fatally)

It can take 20-30 minutes to run through the update, mine 'hung' at the end on a blank screen for several minutes before the cycle actually 'closed' so don't be tempted to eject the disc to early.....
Website
Grumpytvr   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 10:33pm
Thanks Dave

Put the disc in whilst I drove back from the Citroen dealer, took about half an hour and did "hang" for a little while once completed but all seems ok now. Now I know how fast I'm going once again without having to divide everything by 1.6!!

At least that's 1 problem sorted of the many!! Although to replace it, I've got another new fault appearing - depollution fault!!!!

Cheers

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club