C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Why are values so low?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Wantathreelitre   
Sat Dec 09 2017, 07:15am
Member No: #3179
I've just been following a C6 advert on E Bay and the car appears to be in very good condition, with £2,000 or so spent on it recently getting it right, so to speak. It was the 2.7 V6 Exclusive, so the second most sought after C6, essentially. It never even made it to £3,000!! I asked this question about 6 months ago and one or two people got a little, erm, precious, so again, i ask, why are these cars worth so very little? The only other car i can think of that fetches way below what it should in the same sector is a car i currently own, a Honda Legend 3.2 V6. It's a fabulous car, 100% reliable and yet i paid just £4,900 from a dealer with a 6 month guarantee last week. A £50,000 car if new today and it's almost faultless still. These 2 cars are dramatically under-rated.
e3steve   
Sat Dec 09 2017, 12:52pm
Member No: #1163
The car-buying public are, in general, s h i t-scared of the bigger Citroens (among others); the perception is that of complicated and unreliable mechanics & electrics.

That fear of being 'caught out' with big repair bills affects the trade too.

That's my take on the subject...
MGmike   
Sat Dec 09 2017, 07:10pm
Member No: #3151
It's all FUD

Fear, uncertainty and doubt

Fear of the "complex"
Uncertainty of the "reliability"
And doubt caused by the "naysayers" perpetuating the myth that the french don't do electrics!

Me, I'm happy cos I can now afford one! And when all those complex, unreliable electrical problems are sorted I'll be a C6 driver instead of just a C6 Owner
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 10 2017, 11:09am

Member No: #1
It was the 2.7 V6 Exclusive, so the second most sought after C6, essentially

That's one model from the (limited) range, others do fare better and you need to remember that the C6 was never a mass market car.

The market currently is for new small engined cars with low VED and unrealistically claimed high mpg, mostly via PCP deals. That market will decline, indeed November UK sales figures do show a drop off, especially in diesel engined cars.

The C6 is not and never was in high demand (look how many were ist registered up to, sometimes more than a year after being built) and it's in a sector flooded with cars that are perceived to be of better quality.

If you can be a good condition C6, with known history which has been looked after properly for under £3k then you should be buying now, not selling as the point will be reached where demand (if only for parts) will begin to outstrip supply.

The original DS range in it's day (and often still is) was perceived to have problematic hydraulic suspension but now they sell for good money and even rust bucket restoration projects appear to sell for more than they cost new.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club