Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Front Anti roll bar bushes fitted- amazing Improvement to brakes!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Sun Nov 26 2017, 07:41am
Member No: #614
Hi all,
I finally got the chance to fit the small front anti roll bar bushes to the car this weekend and finish (weather issues). After completing the job, it was instantly tighter and the handling issue I had with sloppy suspension and brakes was totally gone. Amazing difference to the ride as well. I still have the tapping issue to deal with but I'm zoning in on that now. I believe it to be slight wear in the left link to the anti roll bar.

The job of replacing the rubber bushes was very similiar to the anti-roll replacement video on YouTube here
- Click Here -
321dave   
Sun Nov 26 2017, 07:55am
321dave wrote ...

Hi all,
I finally got the chance to fit the small front anti roll bar bushes to the car this weekend and finish (weather issues). After completing the job, it was instantly tighter and the handling issue I had with sloppy suspension and brakes was totally gone. Amazing difference to the ride as well. I still have the tapping issue to deal with but I'm zoning in on that now. I believe it to be slight wear in the left link to the anti roll bar.

The job of replacing the rubber bushes was very similiar to the anti-roll replacement video on YouTube here
- Click Here -

iPhone photo unfortunately turned itself sideways!
Ciaran   
Mon Nov 27 2017, 11:15am
Member No: #3087
Good job Dave, had you much trouble getting the mount back on with the new bush in place?
The video makes it look easy!

Suspect I'll be visiting this shortly, my suspension wallows and pitches about all over the place, particularly at the front.

321dave   
Mon Nov 27 2017, 05:46pm
Hi Ciaran,
It would be much easier if the car was higher from the ground in a proper garage (I didn't have access to one this time) but overall I completed both sides in around 3hrs. And the bushes were very cheap considering the effect they have on brakes and floating of the front end when braking. It does stiffen up the ride a good bit but it still has the good ride and now corners much flatter. Much better handling overall with a good complaint ride as well. Much happier and a real pleasure to drive short or long distance. Now on to the little rattle I hear at the front on speed bumps. I'm going to replace a few other bits, new set of drop links should help even more. The wallow and pitch I had before I would say is gone now. I might try and upload a little write up on my experience during the week, I learned a few tips. Driver side wheel liner has to be removed, but the passenger side doesn't!?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club