Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Anyone who knows how to fix this "light tube" in the interior door trims

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jannelehtimaki   
Wed Nov 22 2017, 04:59pm
Member No: #1374
Pls refer to the picture, its taken from left front door but my right front door lamp is not working, could not find any hint how to fix it, is the light a long tube or is there a bulb somewhere and the light is just optically distributed by the tube.

thanks for any help in advance

C6Dave   
Wed Nov 22 2017, 06:51pm

Member No: #1
The 'mood' lighting is a strange one as I have never seen a part number for it in any of the Technical Documents, that's not to say ome doesn't exist but it may be a case of having to replace a whole 'door card' if one fails.

However that would not not really a cost effective option and something I personally would even be bothered about.

All I can suggest is taking the door card off and taking a closer look, unless anyone else knows any different?
Website
jannelehtimaki   
Wed Nov 22 2017, 08:49pm
Member No: #1374
thanks Dave, that's what I have been afraid of. I would like to keep my car as original as possible, and every gadget working. Actually its even hard to notice that the light is not working, -but because I know its broken it disturbs ME....
Any further idea or hints are very much appreciated.

br Janne
MikkelCPH   
Wed Nov 22 2017, 09:43pm
Member No: #2532
I hate to recommend anything outside our Citroën world but I think that the Mercedes S-class has something similar in their doors. Maybe you could ask one of their dealers...? Or why not ask your local Citroën dealer?!
vaho   
Thu Nov 23 2017, 06:36am
Member No: #2228
Hi all. There is a clear plastic tube attached to the door panel and a led bulb attached to one end. If you remove the door panel then you can clearly see it - in fact you have to detach the led bulb from the tube in order to remove the panel. I think the bulb is part of the door wiring loom and the tube is part of the door panel since they are not sold separately. If the bulb is gone out it would be no big problem to change it I think. There are tons of bulb options available these days, some soldering is needed though.
e3steve   
Thu Nov 23 2017, 08:27am
Member No: #1163
It's a single waterclear LED with yellow light output in the forward end of the door card; it's held in a plastic two-half shroud which snaps into place onto the end of the fibre optic rod that you see above the armrests.

I have some spares (I think) as I've replaced mine with higher output 'warm-white' LEDs. There's a resistor crimped onto one of each LED's legs, and a signal diode crimped onto the other. With the lights switched on you'll see between 5 and 10 Volts DC with a voltmeter.

EDIT: 4 to 5VDC
321dave   
Sat Nov 25 2017, 03:23pm
Member No: #614
e3steve wrote ...

It's a single waterclear LED with yellow light output in the forward end of the door card; it's held in a plastic two-half shroud which snaps into place onto the end of the fibre optic rod that you see above the armrests.

I have some spares (I think) as I've replaced mine with higher output 'warm-white' LEDs. There's a resistor crimped onto one of each LED's legs, and a signal diode crimped onto the other. With the lights switched on you'll see between 5 and 10 Volts DC with a voltmeter.

Hi Steve, you wouldn't have a picture of the new fitting you put in? Sounds amazing.
bargi   
Sat Nov 25 2017, 03:57pm
Member No: #2590

Is this a genuine OEM option?
C6Dave   
Sat Nov 25 2017, 07:12pm

Member No: #1
bargi wrote ...

Is this a genuine OEM option?

IF, based upon Vaho post , it is part of the door wiring harness as he has suggested then yes you could replace it with part number 96 634 112 80 which costs £290.72 here in the UK............

OR find an alternative bulb or follow e3steve's tip, both for a far lower cost option.
Website
e3steve   
Sat Nov 25 2017, 09:56pm
Member No: #1163
321dave wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

Hi Steve, you wouldn't have a picture of the new fitting you put in? Sounds amazing.

Several comparison images, Dave: - Click Here -
321dave   
Sun Nov 26 2017, 07:23am
Member No: #614
Excellent write up Steve, I had forgotten how much detail you put into that thread. I disassembled the drivers door early on in my C6 ownership to fit a new mirror unit and replaced the damaged door card near the top. That was quite a job but wasn't to hard overall. Might try the LED upgrade next time I have the doorcards out. Thanks again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club