C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Lexia (2017 thread)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Paulius   
Thu Nov 02 2017, 10:22am
Member No: #1821
I came to learn that with the C6, getting a "full chip" version is very important. The "other" versions might work with less complicated cars, but you end up getting a lot of "communication errors" when trying to communicate with rarer ECUs.

Since DiagBox does not run on 64-bit Windows, you need to use a virtual machine such as VMWare to run Windows XP inside of it. You can choose to have a USB device, in this case - Lexia, routed to the virtual machine.

I am not sure, though, which version of DiagBox is the one to use with our C6s.
7.02 seems to work ok, but it does show that the 2.7HDI engine computer is 'not detected' and you have to pick the ECU from the list manually. And there must be some other bugs, since it's such an early version.
7.56 does not work properly for me. Some functionality of the ECUs is literally missing, and it's buggy as well - you go to "actuator tests" and it shows "identification data" instead.
What version of DiagBox do you use?
e3steve   
Thu Nov 02 2017, 10:17pm
Member No: #1163
vaho   
Fri Nov 03 2017, 06:25am
Member No: #2228
I used to use 7.60 which I now upgraded to 7.82 also. Works well.
Trainman   
Fri Nov 03 2017, 09:12am

Member No: #86
I have three different version as some of the older versions have things that were removed from the option list in the later versions
eke   
Sat Nov 04 2017, 10:03am
Member No: #624
Paulius wrote ...

Since DiagBox does not run on 64-bit Windows, you need to use a virtual machine such as VMWare to run Windows XP inside of it. You can choose to have a USB device, in this case - Lexia, routed to the virtual machine.

I can assure that Diagbox runs well on 64-bit Windows 7. It is faster than on XP. I have used both 7.58 and 7.24 versions on Windows 7 64-bit.
Lexia does not work on 64-bit Windows.
C6Dave   
Sat Nov 04 2017, 11:29am

Member No: #1
eke wrote ...

I can assure that Diagbox runs well on 64-bit Windows 7.

I agree, I installed Diagbox on a Lenova Yoga running Win 10 with no need for a 'Virtual machine'
Website
joopajaa   
Mon Nov 13 2017, 02:15pm
Member No: #3261
Question: Do I have a proper lexia chip version when diagbox is working fine but Lexia3 does not let me in any system - it only shows some log history? How Can i install plain lexia3? Someone told it will work better that way.
C6Dave   
Mon Nov 13 2017, 04:16pm

Member No: #1
joopajaa wrote ...

Question: Do I have a proper lexia chip version when diagbox is working fine but Lexia3 does not let me in any system - it only shows some log history? How Can i install plain lexia3? Someone told it will work better that way.

Lexia will only work in 32 bit win XP so needs to run in a 'virtual machine' - Diagbox will run in win 10 so what are you trying to run Lexia in?
Website
joopajaa   
Tue Nov 14 2017, 01:08pm
Member No: #3261
I have 32bit xp. I will want to do things "old fashion" - just like I cannot get the diagbox to alter my stalk behavior on wipers (did this to C4GP so I know it can be done). I cannot find any settings related to stalk via diagbox.
keithc   
Wed Nov 15 2017, 12:19pm
Member No: #2584
I got this Diagbox kit the other day but it would not load onto my XP Home Edition laptop (its a laptop I have since 2003!) - Click Here - Even after upgrading to XP Professional it wouldn't work. I think the laptop it too old and outdated. Anyways I downloaded Daemon Tools trail version onto my Windows 10 laptop (it wouldn't load until I did this) and seems to be working fine.

It was midnight last night when I got it up and running and had to sit in the car to try it out! I plugged it in and turned the ignition on, (didn't start the car), but should I start the car to use it right as the car goes into economy mode?

Reading through other posts I take it I only have use of diagbox and not lexia. Is that an issue?
cruiserphil   
Wed Nov 15 2017, 02:56pm

Member No: #38
Hello Keith,

No need to start engine unless you're monitoring live engine data etc. or Diagbox prompts you to. Just follow the Diagbox instructions to switch on/off ignition as appropriate.

Best regards,
Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club