C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

drops oil

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
rmonf24   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 03:08pm
Member No: #3300
Hi I have a few days seeing my car leave drops as oil very dark in the front right, anyone know what can be?
Thanks
MGmike   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 04:53pm
Member No: #3151
I'm assuming front right is when sitting in the car eg the timing belt end of the engine?

If that's case you'll need to remove the timing belt covers to check the seals on the crank and cam shafts. I've replaced the rear cam shaft seal recently for the same problem.

Good luck...
rmonf24   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 07:45pm
thanks for the reply. The right side is mounted on the driver's seat as you say. I drop a couple of drops a day as black oil, you too? Was the fault face? Thank you
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 17 2017, 09:20am

Member No: #1
rmonf24 wrote ...

thanks for the reply. The right side is mounted on the driver's seat as you say.

Just to clarify for everyone, all Citroen documents (and comments on site) refer to the side of the car looking from inside the cabin looking forward.

It doesn't matter if it's a left or right hand drive car, from inside the car looking forward, left is on your left and right is on the right.
Website
MGmike   
Wed Oct 18 2017, 10:12am
Member No: #3151
rmonf24 wrote ...

thanks for the reply. The right side is mounted on the driver's seat as you say. I drop a couple of drops a day as black oil, you too? Was the fault face? Thank you

My car had a lot of old oil all over the right hand side of the engine bay when I bought it. I have not been using the car as I've been refurbishing many things, therefore, I can't say how much it was dropping on a daily basis. The problem was traced to the rear camshaft seal which has now been replaced but I haven't done any miles to prove the fix.

Good luck
rmonf24   
Wed Oct 18 2017, 06:44pm
thank you, you are already two who tell me about the seals of the camshaft I will tell you in the workshop.
rmonf24   
Wed Oct 25 2017, 07:54pm
I have been observing and when I make a short and slow path or pull a drop or not stain, instead when I go fast or the path is longer stain more.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club