Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear Number Plate Surround Removal - Help!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mister_iainm   
Sat Oct 14 2017, 06:04pm
Member No: #3253
Howdy,

New owner (of KP07 BYH which I think may have been owned by another member here...?)

Trying to remove the rear number plate surround (that contains the rear fogs etc). The four torx screws at the bottom are out, but the handbook picture suggests the top should just pull out (or perhaps down & out), but although I can release it at the upper corners, it seems stuck near the centre.

Has anybody done this? Is there a trick?!

Cheers,
Iain M
Trainman   
Sun Oct 15 2017, 08:36am

Member No: #86
Iain,

First things first

Secondly, Yes BYH is known to us, at one point it resided in the wrong side of the Pennines (AKA Yorkshire)

Thirdly, Have a look at this thread, it might be helpful. - Click Here -

and finally, I'm up in Melrose at the end of the month, staying at the Waverley Castle.
mister_iainm   
Sun Oct 15 2017, 10:26am
Member No: #3253
Well, it's nice to be here finally (after seeing a C6 in Edinburgh 10 years ago and deciding "I'll have one of those one day").

Thank you for that - I will now go and try to be appropriately violent on my new acquisition...

The Waverley Castle is only about 20 minutes walk from me, so if you should find yourself at a loose end and you fancy a pint (or perhaps you are suffering C6-withdrawal symptoms), let me know and I'll pop down.

Iain

PS I would offer to dress as a chauffeur but my costume is at the dry cleaners

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club