It's back

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
p6rob   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 02:59pm
Member No: #3275
Hi,

After biting the bullet and getting the auto box fully rebuilt, I'm pleased to say it's back.
They warned me the bottom ball joints are knackered, so, it'll be spending a bit more time in a garage soon but in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy driving it for a bit.
Initially I was getting an intermittent suspension faulty warning. On inspection, the sensor on the front lower wishbone was dangling. It, and the other side are/ were attached by bent up jubilee clips. I assume that's not the 'standard' connection method, so wonder what should be in their place. For now it's been re-secured.

The cruise control is still working and I seem to have found a steering wheel position where the 'airbag or pretensioner(s)' warning doesn't flash up. So, if I can get the tyre pressure monitoring sorted, it'll be mostly error free.

On that subject; I bought a clone Lexia and the Diagbox software from eBay. It's been a bit of a struggle getting the software working, had to revive an old laptop, install xp, then the software. However, I think the OBD device is faulty. It seems to have a common problem in that, although the laptop sees it and has the driver installed, the Diabox error is "VCI not connected". Is there anyone in the West Midlands with a working system I could compare it to?

Much appreciated.

Rob
C6Dave   
Fri Oct 13 2017, 06:03pm

Member No: #1
Rob I bought Diagbox and leads from eBay and it installed no problem on my Win 10 laptop.

I suggest you send the one you bought back as faulty and by one from vehicle-diagnosticeuk - Click Here -

Not the cheapest one on eBay but doesn't appear to be a Chinese clone and it will arrive next day and should work with no problems.
Website
p6rob   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 07:42am
Member No: #3275
Dave-Retired wrote ...

Rob I bought Diagbox and leads from eBay and it installed no problem on my Win 10 laptop.

I suggest you send the one you bought back as faulty and by one from vehicle-diagnosticeuk - Click Here -

Not the cheapest one on eBay but doesn't appear to be a Chinese clone and it will arrive next day and should work with no problems.

Hi Dave, Thanks for the advice. I've ordered one from vehicle-diagnosticuk. Looking forward to playing with it tomorrow.

Rob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club