Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C5 Steering wheel on a C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bargi   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 01:29pm
Member No: #2590
Must be bored, but has anyone done or looked at the logistics of putting a C5 or C4 range "fixed" steering wheel on a C6?

I've always found the C6 steering wheel to be "underwhelming" and liked the fixed wheel on the other models.

Surely it's all CAN Bus commands so should just plug in... no?
joopajaa   
Tue Aug 14 2018, 02:19pm
Member No: #3261
I'm interested getting the "old style" C5 cruise stalk to C6 and I think it would be doable. Personally I dont like the x7 fixed steering wheel as the C6 is for a old fashioned gentleman - C6 does not need the "button hell"

(the x7 ergonomics with those button on the wheel are not that good IMHO, the same goes to C6 buttons on the middle console as they are C5/407 derivative)
Campeon   
Sat Aug 18 2018, 06:57am
Member No: #3439
Hi,
I totally agree with the idea that the steering wheel of the C6 is a bit "ordinary".
I had a C5 II and the steering wheel would look great in a C6....
But, i dont think it would be easy to switch....
ul9601   
Sat Aug 18 2018, 08:33am
Member No: #1975
I like the series 1 C5 steering wheel/control arrangement - nice and simple (although the steering wheel itself is a bit bland). The system works well with ICE and CC stalk on either side (in fact, RH ICE stalk is common with C6). I'd be very happy if I can have the C6 wheel without the buttons on top and have CC stalk on LH side - it would be simple and elegant, to go along with the rest of the dash.
You know what else I miss about series 1 C5? Dual sunvisors.
In fact, I just miss my series 1 C5 very much - my neighbour has one sitting in his driveway unused and I'm quite tempted to make him an offer but for once in my life, I'm following what my head says not to buy it, cos I don't need two big Cits...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club