Top-end noise

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
e3steve   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 12:11am
Member No: #1163
Thanks!

I can't get the wheel arch liner screws properly undone yet, but I'm now reasonably certain this noise is coming from the comfort sphere area. I've been all around the engine bay, listening; it's always quiet from cold, but the noise is only apparent once the car's up to temp.

The vibration you mention is probably because I'd rested my phone in the wing channel...
321dave   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 05:14pm
Member No: #614
How did you get on Steve? did you manage to get in a bit closer to the source of the potential noise.
e3steve   
Tue Oct 03 2017, 06:54am
Member No: #1163
321dave wrote ...

How did you get on Steve? did you manage to get in a bit closer to the source of the potential noise.

No Dave, I’ve learned to live with it and not be too concerned. I have a warranty, but I’ll monitor the noise and address if it worsens. Next time I jack up the front end I intend to free off the rusted screws in the front wheel arch liners’ forward parts which, on the 3.0, are integrated with the forward part of the undertray!

Lord knows why I actually thought it might be coming from the top end of the motor...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club