Hello from the Netherlands

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Goofblikscha   
Mon Sep 25 2017, 10:08pm
Member No: #3279
Hi all,
My name is Lars Wullink, I'm 29 years old and I'm a marine engineer living in the northern part of the Netherlands. I've had quite some Citroëns, ranging from the 2cv to the XM, but never a C6. I have always wanted a C6, from the first time I saw one driving down the road. (early 2006, on the periferique in Paris while I was driving my leaky old BX)

Having sold my previous hobby (Landrover Series III) left me with an empty spot on the driveway and some funds to - finally - look for a C6! Last week I have driven all around the Netherlands to look at a few examples and decided to buy a Rouge Profond 2.7HDIF from 2006. It was in need of some small repairs (Coolant leak, faulty aircon, non working satnav and small engine servie) which the dealership is fixing right now, the delivery is set on Wednesday 13.00h. I can't wait!

I have been looking around the forum for the last few day's and I've already learned a lot. In the Netherlands there is not much info to be found on the C6....

C6Dave   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 08:42am

Member No: #1
Looks very nice with a few of the common issues which are easily fixable. Make sure that the thermostat housing (engine water outlet tank / HUIS MOT WATERU / Citroen part 1336-Y3) has been replaced as that is made of thermoplastic and the commonest part to fail on the coolant system and if it does go can prove to be catastrophic for the engine.

Website
Goofblikscha   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 01:26pm
The thermostat housing failed on the test drive so that is exactly what they are changing! The other important coolant pipe has already been changed last year, together with the timing belt and water pump.

I drove 5 c6's last week, all but one smelled of coolant and 2 started leaking from the thermostat housing during the test drive. It's quite adventurous to buy a C6 from the bottom end of the spectrum...
Goofblikscha   
Fri Sep 29 2017, 04:04pm
And there he is! I've been driving for 2 days straight. 1100km and counting. What a machine! It feels so much like a CX, combined with the luxury and quietness of a modern car. I absolutely love it!

Small isues? Yes. One of the coolant lines going to the thermostat housing has started leaking small amounts of coolant, it's leaking on a seam in the plastic. The garage is going to fix this (under warranty) asap. Since this morning it also started beeping an ABS/ESP/Handbrake fault, it seems to go away after starting again. This afternoon I applied and released the handbrake a few times and cleaned the ABS sensor plugs just as a precaution. The message has not returned yet. Fingers crossed. Maybe I'll clean the ABS sensors themselves, there came an awful lot of [%*^#@!] from the brake discs because the car has been standing still for about 4 months so I would not be surprised if the sensors where coated in dust/rust.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club