Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Mp3

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Declan1962   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 01:35pm
Member No: #3242
Hi All
Did first long trip yesterday Leeds - London. Parked up for about 4 hours and on return started her up an noticed the Engine management light on. Alert Log states `Anti pollution malfunction'. I suspect this is the DPF?? - Im driving back on Wednesday - Can I drop DPF cleaner in tank and take her home okay? - and then get it looked at?

Also the hole under MP3 on dash? - can I use jack from that to my phone/ipod so I can play music through it?

regards and thanks to all

Declan
C6Dave   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 05:26pm

Member No: #1
DPF problem may clear on starting up. My 3.o HDi used to throw the message if I used Asda Diesel but never did using Shell, go figure.... yes a can of cleaner won't hurt anything either.

If it doesn't clear on startup it may take a few miles to go away by driving at circa 40+ mph. It's usually caused by to many short runs not letting the auto DPF regeneration process complete a cycle (apart from my Asda comment)

Not sure which 'hole under mp3' your referring to.
Website
mtee   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 06:04pm
Member No: #1924
The holes near the MP3 and GSM labels are not for jacks. AFAIK they are for inserting a tool to remove the radio. The labels' position close to the holes is misleading indeed.
Declan1962   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 06:26pm
Member No: #3242
mtee wrote ...

The holes near the MP3 and GSM labels are not for jacks. AFAIK they are for inserting a tool to remove the radio. The labels' position close to the holes is misleading indeed.

Ah...okay...so would you know what MP3 is referring to? Id there a way to link up a lead to my mobile so i can play my music?
Eric   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 07:32pm
Member No: #425
Hello Declan, I don't know about the 2.2 variants but there is an AUX socket in the glove box of my 2.7 Exclusive and I have used that to play music from my mobile. The MP3 is referring to the file format the CD player can read. Again I don't know on your car but I have a hard disk drive which I can copy files onto and that is best in MP3 format. I have created CDs of my music and play them direct just like ordinary music CDs. The other option is to look at the threads on this site that talk about adding a special box - see FAQ #212 - Click Here -

Good luck, Eric.
e3steve   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 09:47pm
Member No: #1163
The "mp3" logo simply announces that the disk player within the head unit is capable of reading mp3-encoded disks, as well as those of an uncompressed CD (1200Mbps) bitrate.

Inside those holes are two T10 'Torx' screws which retain the head unit in the console slot...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club