C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: 3.0 HDi Forum

Living with my '3'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
e3steve   
Fri Sep 22 2017, 08:49am
Member No: #1163
I've been in the UK for a few months and, during the past few weeks, I've actually had the opportunities to enjoy NewC6Steve. I have to say that she's an utter delight to drive!

I've always enjoyed my 2.7, but the '3' has started to feel like a step up which, of course, it should. It's three-and-a-half years newer and The Next Generation of the Six. It's mileage was 88,000-odd when I picked it up -- the 2.7 was 86,000.

In the past I've made several long trips (6hrs+) to mid-France in the 2.7, and never once have I/we felt fatigued at the end of each journey leg. The 3 is much the same -- I did a lone 7-hour trip to our Lake District meet-up, a couple of weeks back -- and once again, absolutely no fatigue suffered!

So, is the 3 a better car? In short: yes. No question and no caveats. It's marginally quieter. Marginally different. But the same... I can't explain it. I enjoy driving both cars, although when in the 2.7 I tend to "put it through its paces". It grips on roundabouts (so does the 3!); it provides complete comfort (so does the 3!!). But they're just... just... different. It carries out safe overtaking manoeuvres with gusto (standard car), and the 3 does the same, but seems to 'set your hair on fire' (to quote Clarkson) in doing so.

Not like David's C5 3.0Hi does, though...

My 3 isn't perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. It needs a bit more 'getting at' underneath. My 2.7 is very clean and tidy in the underbody department, but the 3 has had a fair degree of neglect (which I'm slowly addressing), probably as a result of not needing any maintenance under there! The last thing I have left to do is to free off the seized wheel arch liners' screws, preferably without damaging those liners.

My 2.7 is properly sorted. There isn't a screw, bolt or nut that hasn't come undone during my maintenance and 'refresh' incursions. She's up for sale, half-heartedly on my part, but not to any Tom, Dick or Harry; I'll vehemently "vet" any prospective purchasers. Too much love & hate, blood, sweat, toil and tantrums have gone into making her as she is now. But that's another story.

Besides, it's nice to have a spare. Just in case...
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 22 2017, 11:47am

Member No: #1
Have to agree with you, whilst basically the same car, they do feel 'different' but my budget wouldn't stretch to a 3.0 HDi this time around but I'm off to France soon and if a 3.0 LHD was available at the right money......

Or should I be looking for Traction Avant bits
Website
Hattershaun   
Fri Sep 22 2017, 09:20pm
Member No: #320
Keep them both Steve. I seem to have had at least 2 C6 most of the time for several years.
Glad you are enjoying 3.0HDi.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club